Re: UTC and Daylight Savings

Scott Davis

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your e-mail.

I had a number of requests for that feature following our switch to daylight time this past spring. I have added code in version 2.4 so that ACLog will check your system clock on startup and alert you if your UTC offset requires adjustment. In addition to always being excited about making new ACLog enhancements available, I have quite a sense of urgency to make ACLog 2.4 available before the time change for that very reason.

As most of you know, I have already completed the CW enhancements and am now working on the RAM data management. The RAM features are going to add a good bit of snap to the program that I think everyone will like, but the coding is taking quite a bit longer than I had originally thought. With all that in mind, I think the major upgrades to 2.4 will be focused on the CW and performance enhancements. I've got lots of other suggestions on the list and as soon as 2.4 is available I will continue working on the additional enhancements.

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

In a message dated 7/31/2003 9:05:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Jason Hissong" <jhisson1@columbus.rr.com> writes:

Hi Scott,

I just noticed that when Daylight savings occurs, the ACLog program
does not adjust for that. Is this expected behavior? I know that
Windows takes care of it automatically, however, ACLog still has 5 in
it from when I set it up.

I found this out when I got a QSL card back saying I was an hour off...

Anyways.. so is the remedy to remember to change the UTC offset when
the clocks change over?

Thanks!

Jason Hissong
N8XE