Topics

YAESU FTDX 101D

Dani EA5FV

Hi all,
Is there support for the YAESU FTDX 101D?

73 de Dani EA5FV y EF5F

n7wy

Dani –

It looks to me like the 101D and 101MP should work with the FT-950 configuration.   Try it.

Unfortunately there is little information in the 101D guide about the USB interface for audio.  For all the digital modes, the guide shows using a terminal unit.  

I asked microHam about compatibility and they said the FT-950 cables will work, but they will produce new cables soon that will use the 2nd receiver.  

You can download the CAT guides for FT-950 and 101D and compare them for equivalence.

I note that the 101D 2nd receiver is not supported with a CW roofing filter at the lower IF.

Bob R – N7WY

John Bednar

Dani,

There was no response from my direct email.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dani Perez
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:50 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] YAESU FTDX 101D

Hi all,

Is there support for the YAESU FTDX 101D?

73 de Dani EA5FV y EF5F

Dani EA5FV

If I have one.
Participate in the WPX CW with him. Without CAT.

73 de Dani EA5FV & EF5F

Dani EA5FV

This is my configuration for the FTDX 101D.
Works !

73 de Dani EA5FV & EF5F.

Eric Gruff

My question (and I've been considering buying a 101D) is whether you can output to the bandscope in N1MM+ and other programs. Have you tried that?

Eric NC6K

John Bednar

Eric,

I did not see anything in the command reference for spectrum data.

You should contact Yaesu and ask if output of the spectrum data or I/Q is supported. Let us know if it exists.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Gruff
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] YAESU FTDX 101D

My question (and I've been considering buying a 101D) is whether you can output to the bandscope in N1MM+ and other programs. Have you tried that?

Eric NC6K

g3ybo

The FTDX 101D has a USB output to a PC.

It has a IF out, so should work with RSP1, RSP1A, RSP2 etc.

73s

Roger G3YBO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 11:22:24 AM

Eric,

I did not see anything in the command reference for spectrum data.

You should contact Yaesu and ask if output of the spectrum data or I/Q is supported. Let us know if it exists.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Gruff
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:18 PM

Eric NC6K

Eric Gruff

Roger - thanks. I knew it had two IF outputs (main and sub), but having to add an external panadapter to an SDR seems silly. Most true SDRs (Flex, Apache, etc.) have direct I/Q output via digital means that bypasses the need for sound card inputs with all of their associated liabilities. I'm a big Yaesu fan (own a FTdx5000MP), but am very surprised they didn't roll out the 101D with this feature.

73 de NC6K

g3ybo

Ok I understand what you say.

Yes I have a FT 5000 with A RSP1 in the IF.

73s

Roger G3YBO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Eric Gruff <egruff@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:47:57 PM

Roger - thanks. I knew it had two IF outputs (main and sub), but having to add an external panadapter to an SDR seems silly. Most true SDRs (Flex, Apache, etc.) have direct I/Q output via digital means that bypasses the need for sound card inputs with all of their associated liabilities. I'm a big Yaesu fan (own a FTdx5000MP), but am very surprised they didn't roll out the 101D with this feature.

73 de NC6K

John Bednar

Dani,

In SO2V mode does the PAUSE key change the RX VFO?

If no, could you try the FT-450 selection?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dani Perez
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:03 AM

This is my configuration for the FTDX 101D.
Works !

73 de Dani EA5FV & EF5F.

John Bednar

If you own a FTDX101D, please download and test the FT101D experimental version located here:

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/downloads/#elf_l1_UHJvZ3JhbSBGaWxlcy9FeHBlcmltZW50YWwgVmVyc2lvbnM

Send me your results.

John, K3CT

Michael Flynn

Looking to set up a new FTDX 101mp.  Has there been newer upgrades not reflected here in this thread since July?  

Mike, KG8CW

Jack Schuster <w1wef3@...>

Read the review in the latest qst which mentions a problem that yaesu will fix free and will pay the shipping. Jack

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 6:29 AM Michael Flynn <kg8cw.home@...> wrote:
Looking to set up a new FTDX 101mp.  Has there been newer upgrades not reflected here in this thread since July?  

Mike, KG8CW

John Bednar

Mike,

Our FT101D code has been tested by two or more owners and included in the releases for three months. The same selection should work for all 101D flavors.

Do you have a specific question or issue?

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Flynn
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:30 AM

Mike, KG8CW