Topics

WSJTx - N1MM integration

Bob Turner

Yep, me again.  My USB setup is working (for now).  All is well with USB ports.

I had WSJT logging to N1MM during my test period.  It was working.  I changed N1MM to VHF Jan Contest and WSJT no longer logs to N1MM.  I told WSJT to auto log (hit enter).   Under WSJT Advanced I selected Special Operating Activity “NSA VHF Contest”.   WSJTx logs to its log and I can get contacts from there later so I can work around the problem.   I prefer it log to N1MM so I can get dup checking.  What did I miss?

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

ve3ki

Is the correct contest selected in N1MM+? If this isn't the problem, go through the steps in the Setup Checklist in the on-line documentation for the WSJT Decode List Window in N1MM+ and make sure that *all* of the steps in the checklist have been correctly followed.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 03:07 PM, Bob Turner wrote:

Yep, me again.  My USB setup is working (for now).  All is well with USB ports.

I had WSJT logging to N1MM during my test period.  It was working.  I changed N1MM to VHF Jan Contest and WSJT no longer logs to N1MM.  I told WSJT to auto log (hit enter).   Under WSJT Advanced I selected Special Operating Activity “NSA VHF Contest”.   WSJTx logs to its log and I can get contacts from there later so I can work around the problem.   I prefer it log to N1MM so I can get dup checking.  What did I miss?

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

Bob Turner

Logging was working until after I selected ARRLVHFJAN.  Pretty sure I did all that is in checklist, but I did it from memory after trying a bunch of things related to my possibly bad USB port.  I may have undone something.  I’ll look for that checklist if/when things get slow.

Bob

[...]

Its working now.  I previously checked the appropriate boxes from memory and no go.  Then I wrote the mail below and figured it would stay broken for a while until I got around to it.   On a whim, I exited WSJTx, N1MM, restarted N1MM, and restarted WSJTx.  I figured it was still broke and made FT8 contacts anyway.  I see contacts showing up in N1MM now.  Not sure what the exact problem was, but that can remain a mystery for now.

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ