From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jon KM8V
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:09 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] WSJT-X SO2R Highlighting

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

Jon KM8V

Thanks, Rick.

For another data point, the N1MM Decode List windows seem to always be correct. It's the highlighting inside WSJT-X itself that seems off.

73

Chet, N8RA

Yes I see something similar. For ssb/voice SO2R I have both radios on one instance of N1MM+. When running WSJT on SO2R 6 and 2 meters, I use separate networked computers. I switch radio 1’s logging and control to a second computer to run one band independently of radio 2 which stays on the main computer. The colors of radio 1 on the second computer get marked correctly. Radio 2 though does not have the colors correct so I cannot trust it. I was thinking I had something not set right between the two computers and N1MM/WSJT setups but am unable to find any differences.

Please let me know if I can help this investigation.

73,

Chet, N8RA

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

Rick Ellison

In an earlier message someone said the colors in the N1MM WSJT Decode window were correct but were not in WSJT. Is that a correct statement or not?

73 Rick N2AMG

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

ERIC OLSON

If radio 2 is tuned to 2 meters 6 meter spots will not be colored correctly.  Maybe need to filter spots to just the band radio 2 is using?

Eric N7EPD

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

ERIC OLSON

By spots I meant WSJT decode list calls.

Eric

If radio 2 is tuned to 2 meters 6 meter spots will not be colored correctly.  Maybe need to filter spots to just the band radio 2 is using?

Eric N7EPD

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

Rick Ellison

Do you have 2 decode windows open. The mults shown in the decode window are based on the band that the the wsjt it is associated with is currently on. Decode window one follows WSJT for EW1 Decode window 2 follows the WSJT for EW2.

73 Rick N2AMG

By spots I meant WSJT decode list calls.

Eric

If radio 2 is tuned to 2 meters 6 meter spots will not be colored correctly.  Maybe need to filter spots to just the band radio 2 is using?

Eric N7EPD

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

Chet, N8RA

Hi Rick,

I think, but not positive, that the decode list and wsjt s display matched on the computer that had the good color coding. But I was mainly watching the wsjt window so cannot be positive.

On the other computer with the incorrect color coding, I think both windows were not correct, but again not positive. On this radio I wound up mainly CQing to avoid working dupes, or checking my  log if tempted to answer someone else’s CQ.

73,

Chet, N8RA

In an earlier message someone said the colors in the N1MM WSJT Decode window were correct but were not in WSJT. Is that a correct statement or not?

73 Rick N2AMG

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like when running two instances of WSJT-X in an SO2R configuration, the callsign highlighting is inconsistent.

Working in the VHF contest, very often a dupe is highlighted blue or red.

It seems to happen when the station is NOT a dupe on the other radio/band, as if it's picking whichever one it sees first but is not taking in to account that there are two instances of WSJT-X.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V Jon

Jon KM8V

For my reported issue, SO2R on one computer, two instances of WSJT-X that is a correct statement. I had two decode lists up, one for each radio, and they were correct. The issue I am reporting is with the highlighting in the WSTJ-X Band Activity windows.

Rick Ellison

Jon..

If you remember what color that was different from the decode window compared to WSJT. When the message is received from WSJT the call is processed for its mult status and then it get printed to the decode list as soon as that is done a message is sent to WSJT informing it of the callsign and what color it should be coloring it. I’m trying to figure how the color is changing from the time it is printed to what is displayed in WSJT.

73 Rick