Topics

WSJT-X fails in SO2R Mode after 8 seconds

kg6jdr@...

Hello All -

Need help in solving yet another RIG control problem.

I am unable to launch WSJT from the EW2 window successfully. It appears to work momentarily but then fails. I followed the setup procedures outlined in the N1MM documentation particularly concerning port communications. I’ve also combed over forum messages as to not duplicate mistakes made others.

I have two ICOM radios, 9700 and 7610 that are configured as Radio 1 and Radio 2 respectively. N1MM is configured SO2R mode. Both radio RIG control works fine for each instance of N1MM ForEW1 and 2, as the radio frequencies are displayed from each radio in each instance. SO1R and SO2R modes appear to work ok as well.

Both instances of WSJT are configured for DX Commander, while the network server setting on the WSJT instance of EW2 is set to 127.0.0.1: 52004. If I change this setting the application immediately throws a RIG error after launching.

Here is the problem, when I launch WSJT ForEW2 within N1MM for radio 2, the WSJT window launches and appears to make a RIG connect to radio 2. I get a green circle and the correct frequency from radio 2. However within 8 to 10 seconds later it fails with a RIG Control Error.

In my troubleshooting efforts, I’ve tried swapping software configurations between Radio 1 and 2 with the same problem always on EW2.

Windows 10

N1MM Logger version: 1.08891.0

N1MM Radio 1 Port 127.0.0.1.2237

N1MM Radio 2 Port 127.0.0.1.2239

WSJT-X version: 2.2.2

I’m trying to resolve this issue before the ARRL VHF contest this weekend. Any ideas are well appreciated.

Thank you,

Clark
KG6JDR

Rick Ellison

In the instance of WSJT for the 2nd radio on the reporting tab have you changed the port number for the udp server to 2239??

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

Good morning Rick,

I just read your message as I enjoy my first cup of coffee for the day. In response to your question, I said to myself in confidence “sure I performed this step”. However when I reviewed this step this morning…well I feel a bit annoyed at myself. That was in fact the missing piece of the puzzle. After going crazy through many reconfigurations, I guess tunnel vision set in.

Thank you Sir!

Clark, KG6JDR

I was just thru this type of happening this morning. All summer long I have been putting off replacing a broken belt on one of my snowblowers as they say we are going to get some snow over the weekend. I pulled out the parts manual and got the belt information and went off to buy the belt. The guy gave me the belt and off I went home. And all the way home I am thinking boy that belt looks big. Got home and went to put it on the snowblower and its about 4 inches to long. Well if I would have looked better I would have noticed I grabbed the manual for the wrong snowblower. After getting the right part number it fit just like it was supposed to.. My wife and I have this running joke that Men are far superior and we never make a mistake. I came back in the house all ticked off and I had to tell what I did and she hasn’t let up yet…

73 Rick N2AMG

I just read your message as I enjoy my first cup of coffee for the day. In response to your question, I said to myself in confidence “sure I performed this step”. However when I reviewed this step this morning…well I feel a bit annoyed at myself. That was in fact the missing piece of the puzzle. After going crazy through many reconfigurations, I guess tunnel vision set in.

Thank you Sir!

Clark, KG6JDR

Jim W7RY

And usually, we bring this wrath upon us ourselves.

Great story!

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY