Topics

WSJt Decode Window

Pete W1RM

If you initiate WSJT-X from the Window selection, the WSJT, Decode and connection windows appear.  However if you close the decode window you cannot bring it back!  Some entry is written to the ini file and the only way to fix it is to restore the ini from a backup.

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

Rick Ellison

This isn’t true Pete. There is a menu item for opening the Decode Window right on the Windows menu.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete W1RM
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:47 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] WSJt Decode Window

If you initiate WSJT-X from the Window selection, the WSJT, Decode and connection windows appear.  However if you close the decode window you cannot bring it back!  Some entry is written to the ini file and the only way to fix it is to restore the ini from a backup.

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

Pete W1RM

Which results in nothing.  The window does not reappear Rick.

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Ellison
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] WSJt Decode Window

This isn’t true Pete. There is a menu item for opening the Decode Window right on the Windows menu.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete W1RM

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

Rick Ellison

Pete..

IF you would attach your N1MM+ Logger.ini file. Let me see where it is located. I am guessing its located off the screen for some reason..

73 Rick

Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:05 PM

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Ellison

73 Rick N2AMG

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

NS2N_PTA@...

W1RM describes exactly what I am experiencing. In my earlier email, I had neglected to mention that I did have the decode list at the beginning of the contest - probably did X it out by accident. I haven't had time to sit at computer, but remembered while eating broccoli for supper that there is some way to see hidden windows. This one is not covered up by other windows.

NS2N

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Rick Ellison <rellison@...>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 10:02:55 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>

Pete..

IF you would attach your N1MM+ Logger.ini file. Let me see where it is located. I am guessing its located off the screen for some reason..

73 Rick

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

73 Rick N2AMG

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

Pete W1RM

I just loaded the latest update and tried to repeat the problem with the WSJT decode list but now it’s working as expected.

If I run into this problem again I will shoot Rick my ini file.

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 10:03 PM

Pete..

73 Rick

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

73 Rick N2AMG

Pete, W1RM

W1RM@...

NS2N_PTA@...

AHA!  I was going to volunteer my ini.bak for review, as I had not updated.

I brought up the program, clicked on Decode... nothing, just like before.
Went looking for a covered-up window, so I minimized all other windows.
Nothing there.
Started bringing back minimized windows from the System Tray, and … there  was the Decode list icon.
Clicking on that, I'm now staring at a decode window..
My conclusion: minimizing the decode window hides the icon behind N1MM in the system tray.
There's probably something was in the ini file that madeit do that, but at least I know where to find it. 

At any rate, shutting down and restarting the whole shebang, the Decode window is now present.

Paul NS2N