Topics

Winter field day udc install

Jeffrey Zajicek <n1xuq@...>

Help please.

I have tried to install the UDC for Winter field day from the site using the directions and have the UDC file in the userdefinedcontect folder and it still is not listing it in the list.

What am I missing?
Jeffrey

Tom Crowley

Try restarting N1Mm, that’s what I did to get it going.

Tom KT4XN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 06:29 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Winter field day udc install

Help please.

I have tried to install the UDC for Winter field day from the site using the directions and have the UDC file in the userdefinedcontect folder and it still is not listing it in the list.

What am I missing?
Jeffrey

Ian Kahn

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the WFDA.zip from the N1MM Logger+ web site. Extracted the .UDC and put it in the .\<username>\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests folder, put the .SEC file in the .\<username>\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\SupportFiles folder (all per isntructions), started N1MM Logger+ net new. I don't have the Winter Field Day contest available either. What am I missing?

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it and restart n1mm+ and even my computer with no luck.

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Kahn
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Winter field day udc install

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the WFDA.zip from the N1MM Logger+ web site. Extracted the .UDC and put it in the .\<username>\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests folder, put the .SEC file in the .\<username>\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\SupportFiles folder (all per isntructions), started N1MM Logger+ net new. I don't have the Winter Field Day contest available either. What am I missing?

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C

Jason K8JT

If you followed the instructions you should see WFDA2RTTY as a log type.  Is that not the case?

Monte Stark

I don't think the WFDA is the right contest. Nothing seems to work right for me. But I can't seem to find what contest name I need. That question was here not too long ago but I deleted it and now can't find it in my deleted folder!

Can someone tell me the right UDC file or contest name to use for the Winter FD that is going on now?

Thanks,

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Zajicek
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 5:28 PM

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it and restart n1mm+ and even my computer with no luck.

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:07 PM

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Jason K8JT

The contest to select once the UDC is installed  is WFDA2RTTY.  It has all modes not just RTTY. 

Monte Stark

That is the contest I used. But my problem is that ESM doesn't work and the only way I can log a contact is to use ForceLog which doesn't seem right.

Below is my F Key file:

#

# Winter FD CW

#

#

###################

#   RUN Messages

###################

F1 Cq,{CLEARRIT}cq WFD {MYCALL} {MYCALL}

F2 Exch,{EXCH}

F3 Tu,tu {MYCALL} WFD

F4 {MYCALL},{MYCALL}

F5 His Call,!

F6 NR,1H 1H

F7 SEC?,SEC?

F8 NR?,NR?

F9 ID,ID

IDF10 Call?,call?

F11 ForceLog,{FORCELOG}

F12 Wipe,{WIPE}

#

###################

#   S&P Messages

###################

F1 CQ,{CLEARRIT}CQ WFD {MYCALL} {KU7Y}

F2 Exch, {EXCH}

F3 Tu,tu

F4 {MYCALL},{MYCALL}

F5 His Call,!

F6 NR,1H 1H

F7 SEC?,SEC? 

F8 NR?,NR?

F9 ID,ID ID

F10 Call?,call?

F11 Forcelog,{ForceLog}

F12 Wipe,{WIPE}

Do I have something wrong here?

Computer is Win10 Home.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason K8JT
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 5:45 PM

If you followed the instructions you should see WFDA2RTTY as a log type.  Is that not the case?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Jason K8JT

If you want to use ESM you need to have messages defined in the .mc file. I don’t see any so ESM won’t send a message.

Jay K8JT

n7wy

I see nothing wrong with KU7Y's WFD CW .mc file content.  Like Ron, for every QSO I got a section missing or invalid message even though I loaded the .SEC file that came in the ZIP package.  Too much, too slow... The 10th RUN message looks flawed, but the first part is just there to label the screen soft buttons.  
73, Bob R - N7WY

n7wy

My bad - I did not import the section list during set up.  Sleep now will help for 2morrow.
Bob R  -  N7WY

Jason K8JT

KU7Y is correct. I was looking for .wav messages and so did not consider CW.  Sorry for any confusion.

On Jan 25, 2020, at 20:10, n7wy via Groups.Io <n7wy@...> wrote:

I see nothing wrong with KU7Y's WFD CW .mc file content.  Like Ron, for every QSO I got a section missing or invalid message even though I loaded the .SEC file that came in the ZIP package.  Too much, too slow... The 10th RUN message looks flawed, but the first part is just there to label the screen soft buttons.  
73, Bob R - N7WY

Les Elliott

Are you certain that you have it in   C\Users\yourusername\(My )Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests

and not in the UDC folder under Libraries\Documents\My Documents\N1MM....??

If so, try opening WFDA2RTTY.udc in Wordpad and click on Save As>Plain Text
check in Win Explorer that .txt has not been added.

Or replace the file with this one.(hopefully not mangled in transit)

Les, G4OGB

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:21 PM

Help please.

What am I missing?
Jeffrey

Les Elliott

Logger needs to be launched after adding (or editing) ANY files in the Users area.
Les, G4OGB

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 11:32 PM

Try restarting N1Mm, that’s what I did to get it going.

Tom KT4XN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 06:29 PM

Help please.

What am I missing?
Jeffrey

Ian Kahn

Edited

Les,

I double-checked the paths you provided, above. This creates a bit of a challenge for my particular setup. I have my "My Documents" folder redirected, by Local Policy, to a folder on my D: drive, D:\Documents. I also have a profile folder on D:, D:\KM4IK (which is my user name on my shack PC). N1MM Logger+ is installed to D:\Programs\N1MM Logger+. As additional info, I also still have the installation folder from the original N1MM Logger at D:\N1MM Logger. I now have copies of the WFDA UDC files in three places, all of which could be appropriate, based on the instructions:

• The incorrect path, Libraries\Documents\My Documents\N1MM....
  • C:\Users\KM4IK\Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests (a path I had to manually create, since this folder isn't used by my system)
  • D:\Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests (where I redirected my profile's My Documents folder)
  • D:\KM4IK\Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests

None of these are working. I still do not have access to the WFDARTTY contest in N1MM Logger+.

Note, I put the UDC files in these folders with N1MM Logger+ closed, so the contest should show when I launch it, if I have the files placed correctly.

Any other thoughts?

73 de,

Ian, NV4C

Rick Ellison

Ian..

You’re missing the directory where the files should be installed to. D:\Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ian Kahn
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 10:53 AM

Les,

I double-checked the paths you provided, above. This creates a bit of a challenge for my particular setup. I have my "My Documents" folder redirected, by Local Policy, to a folder on my D: drive, D:\Documents. I also have a profile folder on D:, D:\KM4IK (which is my user name on my shack PC). N1MM Logger+ is installed to D:\Programs\N1MM Logger+. As additional info, I also still have the installation folder from the original N1MM Logger at D:\N1MM Logger. I now have copies of the WFDA UDC files in three places, all of which could be appropriate, based on the instructions:

• The incorrect path, Libraries\Documents\My Documents\N1MM....
  • C:\Users\KM4IK\Documents\N1MM Logger+ (a path I had to manually create, since this folder isn't used by my system)
  • D:\Documents\N1MM Logger+ (where I redirected my profile's My Documents folder)

None of these are working. I still do not have access to the WFDARTTY contest in N1MM Logger+.

Note, I put the UDC files in these folders with N1MM Logger+ closed, so the contest should show when I launch it, if I have the files placed correctly.

Any other thoughts?

73 de,

Ian, NV4C

Ian Kahn

Rick,

Apologies if I left that path off my previous email. That was actually one of the first places I put the UDC file. It is there, but no love in N1MM Logger+:

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C

ve3ki

It looks as if you have installed the program to non-standard locations. By default, the program files are installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\N1MM Logger+, but all of the data files are stored in a separate location, by default at C:\Users\[yourusername]\Documents\N1MM Logger+\... If you used a non-standard location and you don't remember where it was, you can find it by using almost any of the menu items in the program whose purpose is to either read or write a file, and then looking in the address bar of the File Open or File Save dialog window.

For example, if you choose the File > Import > Import Call History... menu item, an Open File dialog box will open showing you the ...\N1MM Logger+\CallHistoryFiles directory. The path box at the top may not show the full path initially, but a single mouse click in that box should show you the full path (e.g. C:\Users\[username]\N1MM Logger+\CallHistoryFiles). Once you have noted where that is, you can Cancel out of the dialog box.

Now in the Windows File Explorer, take the path you just noted, move up one level (to the ...\N1MM Logger+ level, and then look at the list of folders in that directory (there are also files, but for present purposes you are looking for a subfolder, not a file). One oc those folders should be called UserDefinedContests. That is where you should be putting the unzipped UDC files. Close down and restart the program, and the File > New Log in Database... menu item list of contest choices should now include that UDC (WFDA2RTTY in this case).

Rich VE3KI

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 11:46 AM, Ian Kahn wrote:
Rick,

Apologies if I left that path off my previous email. That was actually one of the first places I put the UDC file. It is there, but no love in N1MM Logger+:

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C

Ian Kahn

Rich,

I never install applications to the same partition my OS is on, especially on Windows systems. 26+ years in IT, the last 7+ in infosec, taught me a long time ago to have a completely separate partition for app installation and data storage. So, yes, I used a non-standard installation directory for N1MM Logger+.

That said, your instructions were spot-on. I followed them and now, lo and behold, I have the Winter Field Day option in my "New Log in Database" configuration window.

Thank you for the help.

73 de,

Ian, NV4C

I’ve tried to do everything I can but still not connecting.  Tried to use any UDC but will not install, what am I missing? 

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 11:47 AM

Rick,

Thanks and 73,

Ian, NV4C