Topics

Why is my N1MM+ stuck in Run Mode?

WA5LXS

Recovering from a couple surgeries and felt good enough to try a little CQ WW CW contesting.  For some reason my N1MM has gotten goofed, it keeps switching to Run mode after I press the F2 exchange in S&P.  I even checked the Do not switch to Run on CQ Frequency and it seems to ignore that.  Running version V1.0.8014.0. And the log is set for CQ Worldwide. CW  Last set up was for SSB SS, which I did not get to participate in.

In S&P mode it does not show the F1 function key.  When I look at the .mc file, the S&P F1 is blue.  I have no clue how this got so fouled up and why it is behaving this way.  Alt-11 or Alt-U do not seem to help.

First time ever with a goofy problem like this.  I hope someone can help me before I miss what is left of the contest.

Dennis
WA5LXS

WA5LXS

Loaded the CQWWCW.mc file from the N1MM site and things are working OK for S&P.  I just don't know what has fouled my existing .mc files.

Dennis
WA5LXS

NS2N_PTA@...

You have an extra character or line someplace before  the bad F key. You can reload a default function key file if you want.

I could find the problem in a heartbeat ... I always manage to fat-finger something in there

Paul NS2N

[...]

Thanks Paul. I think you are correct. I copied some text commands and probably have an extra CR. I just can’t see it in Notebook