Topics

WAS JARTS Cabrillo Log Mess

iw1ayd Salvo

Edited

Hello all.
After a lot of time I was back on RTTY and contesting with the great JARTS WW and @IQ1RY and IW1QN  ...
It was an extremely relaxed MOMT HP. Now, I am just attempting from home to make the related Cabrillo file but ... 
(The same was with all the 3 PC used in contest ... now I am on a fourth, I will test an out of the box N1MM+ install ASAP.)

Here is an excerpt, the trailing section of the Cabrillo for JARTS 2020:

QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0003 IW1AYD       599 xx     VE3NE            599 xx 0
QSO:  7085 RY 2020-10-17 0004 IW1AYD       599 xx     N8CL               599 xx 0
QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0005 INVALID              xx                                    xx
QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0007 IW1AYD       599 xx     YO9BCM         599 xx 0
QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0008 IW1AYD       599 xx     R2UZ               599 xx 0
QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0008 IW1AYD       599 xx     RA1ALC          599 xx 0

Onto the third position from the up side, INVALID, there was a second entry for VE3NE.
{don't look at the formating it is just a C&P collateral behaviour :-)}
A DUPE by any means but not from a logical standpoints: it could be that VE3NE doesn't
acknowledged the first QSO thus a second try was made. Just one of the two entry will 
give points, but it is a non sense deleting one of the two ADIF entry ...

I am doing something after one and more years of abscence from the scene?

I tried to follow on what was written here in the same topic, but no joy.

My exchange field was already 61 without any other character AFAIK.
Oh yes, I am getting that old! Some years I would have ask the same but with a different exchange ...
... however I could not thing that this number is the why of the INVALID behavior for some entries ... :-)

Any suggestion or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

73 de iw1ayd

PS Thanks to all and also to @IQ1RY for the nice on air time during JARTS WW. After years I was woderfully delighted.

Doing it with a fresh install of N1MM+ and the SB and log = same Cabrillo behaviour 

iw1ayd Salvo

No one have ideas or suggestion, nor asking for more data ...?
Well I will repair by hands the cabrillo file as I don't mind to loose any QSO even if it seems a dupe.

Thanks anyway

73 de iw1ayd Savo

Les Elliott

The file is normal here, Savo
check your setup contest details.
Les, G4OGB

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] WAS JARTS Cabrillo Log Mess

Well I will repair by hands the cabrillo file as I don't mind to loose any QSO even if it seems a dupe.

Thanks anyway

73 de iw1ayd Savo

NA3M Nick

Edited

I just realized that you probably intentionally replaced all exchange numbers with "xx" in your example.
From what I see in the code the reason for INVALID lines in the Cabrillo file was non-numeric exchange entered for some QSOs.
Look at this QSO in the log for example and tell us what was entered as an exchange in it:

QSO:  3591 RY 2020-10-17 0005 INVALID              xx                                    xx

Also when you were creating Cabrillo file 
for every "INVALID" line in the Cabrillo you should be seeing Critical Error messages on the screen  like: " Invalid exchange....."

Nick NA3M
----------------------------------

Hi Salvo,

First what version was used for the contest?

Try to enter your age in the contest configuration window and generate Cabrillo file again. Do you still have problems?

If yes, send me your database file (zipped) to my email na3m at arrl dot net.

Nick NA3M

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of iw1ayd Salvo
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 5:09 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

Thanks anyway

73 de iw1ayd Savo

Gordon Lyman (glyman2)

Edited

Nick, .. thats a good theory.  The only problem I had with JARTS was when I grabbed a callsign to the log that had a zero in it, but for whatever reason the zero got entered as the alphabetic "O" which is of course invalid.  N1MM refused to accept the invalid call, I quickly changed the "O" to zero and all was well then.

I also was trying to figure out the "xx" in the OPs log.. perhaps there is a language barrier but I have trouble understanding what the issue was.  Is the problem only the invalid entry or is there more?

And since he mentioned the dupe, could I be permitted a question about working dupes?  In the JARTS test I answered a CQ and the op replied that we worked before.  When he told me that, I then realized that I did recall working him, but he was not in my log.  Maybe I just didnt hit the right button to log it. I am a causal contester so I don't bother to save the history so I could find the prior QSO.. therefore he is not in my submitted log. It seems to me, and many others online, that is better to just go ahead and work a dupe.  I wish the other station would have worked me again but I sure was not going to take the time to explain to him that, yes, we worked before but I need to work again to get it in to my log.

Anyway I see nothing in the JARTS rules regarding dupes. Is there a penalty if you have dupes in the JARTS contest log?

NA3M Nick

Gordon,

I am guessing that Salvo entered some non-numeric value for DUPE QSOs and that caused the problem with Cabrillo. Still waiting for more info from him.

There is nothing about duplicate QSO in JARTS RTTY rules. If some station refuses to give me an exchange because I am a dupe in his/her log  I usually send NIL several times and then my exchange.

Sometimes it helps.

Nick NA3M

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gordon Lyman (glyman2)
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:52 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

[Edited Message Follows]

Nick, .. thats a good theory.  The only problem I had with JARTS was when I grabbed a callsign to the log that had a zero in it, but for whatever reason the zero got entered as the alphabetic "O" which is of course invalid.  N1MM refused to accept the invalid call, I quickly changed the "O" to zero and all was well then.

I also was trying to figure out the "xx" in the OPs log.. perhaps there is a language barrier but I have trouble understanding what the issue was.  Is the problem only the invalid entry or is there more?

And since he mentioned the dupe, could I be permitted a question about working dupes?  In the JARTS test I answered a CQ and the op replied that we worked before.  When he told me that, I then realized that I did recall working him, but he was not in my log.  Maybe I just didnt hit the right button to log it. I am a causal contester so I don't bother to save the history so I could find the prior QSO.. therefore he is not in my submitted log. It seems to me, and many others online, that is better to just go ahead and work a dupe.  I wish the other station would have worked me again but I sure was not going to take the time to explain to him that, yes, we worked before but I need to work again to get it in to my log.

Anyway I see nothing in the JARTS rules regarding dupes. Is there a penalty if you have dupes in the JARTS contest log?