Topics

WAE RTTY QTC newbie issues

Ed Felter

Worked the WAE test and received QTCs on three occasions and none to send. Each RX I would click on each entry as they printed and at either #7 or 8 copy would stop.  I asked for repeat on #7 and got the last one already received. Likewise if I needed say #3 repeated I would get #2.  Could not get all 10 that were sent. It did not appear to be locked up. I must be missing a basic ops procedure on getting corrections.  Using latest version, MMVARI, W8, TS590SG.  Help?

Ed, AI6O 

PS sure appreciated the K8UT video!

Tim Shoppa

Ed, when this happens (off by one), it is usually because I missed one of the early QTC numbers.

e.g. if #1 got dropped completely, then what I thought was #9 was actually the other guys #8.

One reason this might consistently happen to you, is because some stations were not sending a CR/LF between their QTC header and the first QTC.

There is also the "decoder stopped scrolling for some reason while clicking on QTC info" thread that might produce similar symptoms.

Tim N3QE

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:38 PM Ed Felter <edfelter@...> wrote:
Worked the WAE test and received QTCs on three occasions and none to send. Each RX I would click on each entry as they printed and at either #7 or 8 copy would stop.  I asked for repeat on #7 and got the last one already received. Likewise if I needed say #3 repeated I would get #2.  Could not get all 10 that were sent. It did not appear to be locked up. I must be missing a basic ops procedure on getting corrections.  Using latest version, MMVARI, W8, TS590SG.  Help?

Ed, AI6O 

PS sure appreciated the K8UT video!

Ed Felter

Thanks, Tim. So will watch for that next time.  Another question—in those cases, if I copy less than the 10 sent and the band deteriorates to the point of not continuing to get fills, I know I get only what I copied.  Does this penalize the sender for less than the 10 he sent?  Also, i assume it is customary for my “worked” serial number not to increment up with the additional QTCs.