Topics

USB logged as FT8 again

ERIC OLSON

I reported this during the last VHF contest and it has shown up again. 

I have NOT worked FT8 on 6 meters yet but was using that mode on 2M and 222 MHz.  However after logging FT8 contacts on the other bands 6 meters (on a K3) reading the mode as USB in N1MM logger is logging them as FT8 now.  Just corrected several SSB contacts.  Not sure how it is picking up the wrong mode.  2M and 222 MHz are on separate radios, not the K3.

Eric N7EPD

Rick Ellison

After working FT8 did you type ssb in the entry window so the logger knows you are no longer working ft8??

Also have you closed WSJT?? If WSJT is open it still thinks it needs to log FT8.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ERIC OLSON
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 5:15 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] USB logged as FT8 again

I have NOT worked FT8 on 6 meters yet but was using that mode on 2M and 222 MHz.  However after logging FT8 contacts on the other bands 6 meters (on a K3) reading the mode as USB in N1MM logger is logging them as FT8 now.  Just corrected several SSB contacts.  Not sure how it is picking up the wrong mode.  2M and 222 MHz are on separate radios, not the K3.

Eric N7EPD

Virus-free. www.avast.com

ERIC OLSON

Rick,

I had not opened WSJT on the K3 radio on 6m so the logger was reading the mode of USB.  However WSJT was running on another radio at the same time.  I am running 2 laptops networked; one is SO2R for the 6M and 222 MHz radios and the other is SO1R for the 2m/ 70cm radio.  I finished FT8 on 222 MHz just prior to this and was had WSJT listening on 2m on the other laptop when I made a few SSB contacts on 6m and they were logging as FT8.  So possibly if WSJT is running on one radio it affects the mode on other bands being logged?

Eric N7EPD

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] USB logged as FT8 again

After working FT8 did you type ssb in the entry window so the logger knows you are no longer working ft8??

Also have you closed WSJT?? If WSJT is open it still thinks it needs to log FT8.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ERIC OLSON

Eric N7EPD

Rick Ellison

I wouldn’t think that was possible but when I get a chance I will try to duplicate it here..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Rick,

I had not opened WSJT on the K3 radio on 6m so the logger was reading the mode of USB.  However WSJT was running on another radio at the same time.  I am running 2 laptops networked; one is SO2R for the 6M and 222 MHz radios and the other is SO1R for the 2m/ 70cm radio.  I finished FT8 on 222 MHz just prior to this and was had WSJT listening on 2m on the other laptop when I made a few SSB contacts on 6m and they were logging as FT8.  So possibly if WSJT is running on one radio it affects the mode on other bands being logged?

Eric N7EPD

73 Rick N2AMG

Eric N7EPD

ERIC OLSON

Rick,

I have tried to duplicate this issue unsuccessfully this weekend.  Don’t know what happened but strange the same thing has occurred in two different VHF contests now. 

73 Eric N7EPD

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 4:35 PM

I wouldn’t think that was possible but when I get a chance I will try to duplicate it here..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Rick,

Eric N7EPD

73 Rick N2AMG

Eric N7EPD