From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ERIC OLSON
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 5:15 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] USB logged as FT8 again

I reported this during the last VHF contest and it has shown up again.

I have NOT worked FT8 on 6 meters yet but was using that mode on 2M and 222 MHz.  However after logging FT8 contacts on the other bands 6 meters (on a K3) reading the mode as USB in N1MM logger is logging them as FT8 now.  Just corrected several SSB contacts.  Not sure how it is picking up the wrong mode.  2M and 222 MHz are on separate radios, not the K3.

Eric N7EPD

ERIC OLSON

Rick,

I had not opened WSJT on the K3 radio on 6m so the logger was reading the mode of USB.  However WSJT was running on another radio at the same time.  I am running 2 laptops networked; one is SO2R for the 6M and 222 MHz radios and the other is SO1R for the 2m/ 70cm radio.  I finished FT8 on 222 MHz just prior to this and was had WSJT listening on 2m on the other laptop when I made a few SSB contacts on 6m and they were logging as FT8.  So possibly if WSJT is running on one radio it affects the mode on other bands being logged?

Eric N7EPD