Topics

Telnet connection error #n1mm

Alexander Kopp MD

I am not able to connect to telnet clusters. Could anybody help. Thank you, 73 Alex

Pete Smith

Take a look at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/, and if you can't get it going from there, tell us what you're seeing (or not seeing)

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/4/2019 1:23 AM, akopp@... wrote:

I am not able to connect to telnet clusters. Could anybody help. Thank you, 73 Alex

Alexander Kopp MD

Thank you for the email. I did check the instructions already. I could connect only to nc7l since I received information from Dennis.
I believe there is still some problem within n1mm and windows.
73, Alex

On Oct 4, 2019, at 14:38, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

Take a look at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/, and if you can't get it going from there, tell us what you're seeing (or not seeing)

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/4/2019 1:23 AM, akopp@... wrote:
I am not able to connect to telnet clusters. Could anybody help. Thank you, 73 Alex

Jim W7RY

Alex.
My N1MM and telnet on my windows 10 PC work just fine. In the telnet list, there are about 10 nodes out of that list that work all the time.
WS7I is the one I just. Belongs to my Friend Jay, in Spokane Washington.

www.ewarg.org for info.

Please elaborate on your statement below.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 10/4/2019 9:16 PM, Alexander Kopp MD wrote:

Thank you for the email. I did check the instructions already. I could connect only to nc7l since I received information from Dennis.
I believe there is still some problem within n1mm and windows.
73, Alex

On Oct 4, 2019, at 14:38, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

Take a look at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/, and if you can't get it going from there, tell us what you're seeing (or not seeing)

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/4/2019 1:23 AM, akopp@... wrote:
I am not able to connect to telnet clusters. Could anybody help. Thank you, 73 Alex

Pete Smith

Alex, you're still not telling us what happened when you tried to connect to other clusters listed in MM+, but since you were able to connect to NC7J that pretty much eliminates MM+ and your Windows installation as the culprits.  The only thing I can suggest is that you try some other very well-established nodes, such as W9PA or W3LPL.  The cluster list is only updated every year or so, and inevitably there is some "churn" as people lose interest, have hardware problems, move, etc.

On 10/4/2019 10:16 PM, Alexander Kopp MD wrote:

Thank you for the email. I did check the instructions already. I could connect only to nc7l since I received information from Dennis.
I believe there is still some problem within n1mm and windows.
73, Alex

On Oct 4, 2019, at 14:38, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

Take a look at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/, and if you can't get it going from there, tell us what you're seeing (or not seeing)

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/4/2019 1:23 AM, akopp@... wrote:
I am not able to connect to telnet clusters. Could anybody help. Thank you, 73 Alex

Alexander Kopp MD

Pete,
Thank you very much for your emails and help. Sorry I wasn’t prompt responding. There is no problem with my computer, N1MM or Windows. The URLs I had were incorrect. I’m still new and not experienced enough. My latest problem is trying to solve the display on my bandmap. Can’t enlarge letters and numbers. Thank you very much for your support.
73, Alex AK1MD

On Oct 5, 2019, at 11:30, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

[...]

Font size resolved

On Oct 5, 2019, at 17:17, Alexander Kopp MD via Groups.Io <akopp@...> wrote:

[...]

The little up and down arrows in the upper right-hand corner of the Bandmap (and many other windows) will adjust the font size up or down.