Topics

Telenet setup

k4to.dave@...

Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...>

10:12 PM (55 minutes ago)
to N1MMLoggerPlus
I have used N1MM for several years, but have never tried to connect to a cluster.  Tonight I tried, without success, to connect to several on the list of clusters.  I am in Kentucky.  Is there a cluster that I can connect to that will give me useful spots? I've been trying to read the manual and see if there is something about the setup that I need to do, but no luck so far.

 thanks,

Dave, K4TO

ShelbyK4WW

Dave, I use W9PA.....dxc.w9pa.net

--
73, Shelby - K4WW
As I don't have an iPad nor iPhone, sent from my PC

Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...>

I was able to connect to VE7CC.  I guess all the ones on the list are pretty much duds.  Thanks for the help.

73,

Dave, K4TO

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 4:01 AM ShelbyK4WW <shelbyk4ww@...> wrote:
Dave, I use W9PA.....dxc.w9pa.net

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 1:47 AM Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...> wrote:

Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...>

10:12 PM (55 minutes ago)
to N1MMLoggerPlus
I have used N1MM for several years, but have never tried to connect to a cluster.  Tonight I tried, without success, to connect to several on the list of clusters.  I am in Kentucky.  Is there a cluster that I can connect to that will give me useful spots? I've been trying to read the manual and see if there is something about the setup that I need to do, but no luck so far.

 thanks,

Dave, K4TO

--
73, Shelby - K4WW
As I don't have an iPad nor iPhone, sent from my PC

Jamie WW3S

yes, the list contains a lot that are broken or no longer in service.....W9PA works though, were you able to use it? Its a AR6 cluster, I prefer that to the CC, just a personal preference, I guess.....

[...]

I was not able to connect to W9PA.  Connecting to VE7CC took a couple of tries.  I still think it might be related to some setting in my Windows O/S,  I'm no very computer savvy.

Dave

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:14 AM Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...> wrote:
[...]

ON2AD Pat

I have try dxc.w9pa.net but become no connection. I see only the next:
Connecting to: dxc.w9pa.net --> 47.227.188.113:23

73 de Pat ON2AD

Lee McDaniel

My DX Cluster node should be in the list. I am up 24x7 365. I am connected to CC Cluster and other nodes that have lots of spots. Please give it a try and enjoy.

73 Lee WB4QOJ

wb4qoj.no-ip.org     port 7373
DX Cluster Node West Metro Atlanta since 2014

Ed W2LCQ

I use NC7J with N1MM+

 http://dxc.nc7j.com:7373/

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

CWops 701 - SKCC 5474C - FISTS 12294
             —-Frankford Radio Club—-

On Oct 22, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Just tried wb4qoj--NO LUCK.  So far only VE7CC works

K4TO

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:15 PM Ed W2LCQ via Groups.Io <w2lcq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

NC7J works quicker than VE&CC --thanks.

K4TO

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:24 PM Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...> wrote:
[...]

Its an AR6 cluster, rather than CC....

[...]

I found a wrong address for W9PA on the list of clusters.  After I edited it for the correct address, it works.

I suspect there are a lot of addresses that need editing on the list of cluster.  thanks to all for your help.  I think I am OK now.

73,
Dave, K4TO

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:25 PM Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim Cooper

On 22 Oct 2019 at 15:24, Dave Sublette wrote:

Just tried wb4qoj--NO LUCK. So far only VE7CC works
this looks suspiciously like you are
not specifying the PORT correctly ...

one of the reasons I suggest VE7CC to
newbies is because it does not use a special
port setting, or any other special settings ...

thus ... if you can connect to VE7CC then
your telnet is working correctly and it
is some other setting that is not ... most
likely the PORT setting ... did you notice
that some of the URL addresses have :7373
or colon with some other number? that is the
port number ... it is like telling someone which
door to enter the building.

w2jc

Gary E. Kohtala

W7JD-1 is still available, running VE7CC's CC Cluster Software:   w7jd.ddns.net, Port 9000.

All are welcome.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Jim W7RY

WS7I works well. Its a CC cluster.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 10/22/2019 2:24 PM, Dave Sublette wrote:

[...]

Clay N9IO

VE7CC is the go to cluster you can always rely on.
Clay N9IO

[...]

Michael Walker

Mine is up 100% of the time.

Va3mw-7

Va3mw.dxcluster.org
Port 41112

Mike

On Oct 25, 2019, at 3:13 AM, Clay N9IO <n9io@...> wrote:

[...]

So is:

ws7i.ewarg.org:7300

Always on the air and reliable. A CC Cluster.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 10/25/2019 6:14 AM, Michael Walker wrote:

[...]

Robin Amundson

If you are unable to connect you may be missing one simple but important step:

1. Window tab-->Network status-->Stations tab: Now check the Master box to make your computer a Master.

I hope this does the trick for you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA

ve3ki

The fact that you found this suggests that you are in networked-computer mode. If you are only using one computer in the contest, you probably should not be in networked-computer mode, and if you are not in networked-computer mode, this step is both unavailable and immaterial. If you do have multiple computers networked, then only one of those computers should be designated as Master and connected to a cluster node. That computer then acts as a spot server to the other computers on the network.