Topics

Switching to Alternate Radio in SO2R not working correctly

Art Suberbielle

I use the Sprint setup that N2IC details with functions keys. I have been using it for years with no issues. However, when I tried to use it in the Thursday night sprint, I found that I could not switch to alternate radio after one or two switching back and forth.

Here's the sequence using the latest update 1.0.8891:

1 - Radio 1 : CQ using F1

2 - No answer so used Fkey to send my call on alternate radio (F10 on my setup). This works sometimes, but not always.

3 - Send CQ on alternate radio -Radio 1 (F7 in my setup). Does not switch here.

I am using a DX-Doubler and the lights on it indicate that transmit should be occurring on radio 1 but in the Entry window, the correct lights are not indicated nor is anything transmitted on Radio 1 in this 3rd sequence.

I know this all worked perfectly for the NAQP when I was using 1.0.8841. Went back and re-installed that version and everything works fine.

There appears to be a glitch in the programs updates after that one.

Please take a look at it. This may be caused by whatever was causing the backslash key not to work properly.

Thanks.

73,
Art KZ5D

Steve London

This sounds similar to the issues that N3RD and K2YR reported.

I have posted an experimental version "SO2R Focus" in the experimental files area.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 01/15/2021 07:09 PM, Art Suberbielle wrote:
[...]

Steve,

This works fine as expected. Thanks for the fix! And great job in the NAQP! See you in the Sprint.

73,
Art KZ5D

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 8:18 PM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
This sounds similar to the issues that N3RD and K2YR reported.

I have posted an experimental version "SO2R Focus" in the experimental files area.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 01/15/2021 07:09 PM, Art Suberbielle wrote:
> I use the Sprint setup that N2IC details with functions keys. I have been using
> it for years with no issues. However, when I tried to use it in the Thursday
> night sprint, I found that I could not switch to alternate radio after one or
> two switching back and forth.
>
> Here's the sequence using the latest update 1.0.8891:
>
> 1 - Radio 1 : CQ using F1
>
> 2 - No answer so used Fkey to send my call on alternate radio (F10 on my setup).
> This works sometimes, but not always.
>
> 3 - Send CQ on alternate radio -Radio 1 (F7 in my setup). Does not switch here.
>
> I am using a DX-Doubler and the lights on it indicate that transmit should be
> occurring on radio 1 but in the Entry window, the correct lights are not
> indicated nor is anything transmitted on Radio 1 in this 3rd sequence.
>
> I know this all worked perfectly for the NAQP when I was using 1.0.8841. Went
> back and re-installed that version and everything works fine.
>
> There appears to be a glitch in the programs updates after that one.
>
> Please take a look at it. This may be caused by whatever was causing the
> backslash key not to work properly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 73,
> Art KZ5D

Carl Lester, K2YR

Steve,
Just FYI... I tried the experimental version "SO2R Focus" and it indeed also fixed the issue I was seeing with Backslash.

Thanks,
-Carl, K2YR

k7sv

I just started trying to use {CTRLF1) via F12, it did nothing.  Removed CTRL and it then calls CQ on the focussed radio.  I tried {CTRLF1} on another function key but still didn't work. CTRLF1 shifted to alternate radio and called CQ.

I just downloaded V1.0.8906.0.  {CTRLF1} in F7 or F12 does nothing.

Might be me doing something new, but I know someone else having the same problem

Appreciate the time you folks put into this!

73 de Lar K7SV

Art Suberbielle

Lar,

Use the latest expiramental version on the download site. It works. Don’t recall the number.

Art KZ5D

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 7:15 PM k7sv <lar@...> wrote:
I just started trying to use {CTRLF1) via F12, it did nothing.  Removed CTRL and it then calls CQ on the focussed radio.  I tried {CTRLF1} on another function key but still didn't work. CTRLF1 shifted to alternate radio and called CQ.

I just downloaded V1.0.8906.0.  {CTRLF1} in F7 or F12 does nothing.

Might be me doing something new, but I know someone else having the same problem

Appreciate the time you folks put into this!

73 de Lar K7SV

Ted Bryant

Lar,

Do you have “Toggle CTRLFx Macro” checked in the Config/SO2R menu?

73, Ted W4NZ

I just started trying to use {CTRLF1) via F12, it did nothing.  Removed CTRL and it then calls CQ on the focussed radio.  I tried {CTRLF1} on another function key but still didn't work. CTRLF1 shifted to alternate radio and called CQ.

I just downloaded V1.0.8906.0.  {CTRLF1} in F7 or F12 does nothing.

Might be me doing something new, but I know someone else having the same problem

Appreciate the time you folks put into this!

73 de Lar K7SV

John Bednar

The SO2R changes were included in Tuesday’s release.

There is no need to use the experimental versions at this point.

John

Use the latest expiramental version on the download site. It works. Don’t recall the number.

Art KZ5D

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 7:15 PM k7sv <lar@...> wrote:

I just started trying to use {CTRLF1) via F12, it did nothing.  Removed CTRL and it then calls CQ on the focussed radio.  I tried {CTRLF1} on another function key but still didn't work. CTRLF1 shifted to alternate radio and called CQ.

I just downloaded V1.0.8906.0.  {CTRLF1} in F7 or F12 does nothing.

Might be me doing something new, but I know someone else having the same problem

Appreciate the time you folks put into this!

73 de Lar K7SV

k7sv

GE Folks,

I expected the fix from the experimental version was included in the latest update V1.0.8906.0 which is the version I'm working with. I went looking for the experimental version but couldn't find it. Yes, I have “Toggle CTRLFx Macro”  checked in SO2R.
I'll hit it again in the morning and see if I can figure it out. I guess I could download
1.0.8841. and see if that works.

Thanks

73 de Lar K7SV

k7sv

Thanks to Steve N2IC's eagle eyes I've got it working. I had a space between CQ, {CTRLF1} in the function key file. Changed it to CQ,{CTRLF1} and it's working as it should.

Great bunch of guys developing and supporting N1MM!

73 de Lar K7SV