Topics

SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Alan Holdsworth

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

Maciej Muszalski

Been using Spid rotators for a while now. Works fine with N1MM+. Since aprox 1997 for Th5DXmk2. 
Very Heavy duty. 
Now i have BIG-RAK and AZ/EL rotator 
http://spid.net.pl/pl/big-rak/  -- for my 7el7bands GXP Antenna

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...> wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

AlanH g8oo

Pete Smith

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

AlanH g8oo

ki8w

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

Thom KI8W

On 4/12/2019 15:17, Pete Smith wrote:

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
"retail" DX cluster.

Hi Guys/Girls

AlanH g8oo

Alan Holdsworth

Hi Thom KI8W

That great news.

Are you able to find out the rotator settings that club use in N1MM+ ?

De AlanH g8oo

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ki8w
Sent: 12 April 2019 16:36
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

Thom KI8W

73, Pete N4ZR
"retail" DX cluster.

Hi Guys/Girls

AlanH g8oo

Marshall, AA0FO

I use it at home with SATPC32 and PStROTOR software.  Been running it for a year without any problems.

Marshall, AA0FO 

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019, 11:37 AM Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...> wrote:

Hi Thom KI8W

That great news.

De AlanH g8oo

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ki8w
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

We love it.

Thom KI8W

73, Pete N4ZR
"retail" DX cluster.

Hi Guys/Girls

AlanH g8oo

ki8w

AlanH,

We basically found the USB com port that our club laptop was using for that control box, set that up in N1MM+ and it took off and running. I believe we are using Com 5 on that. Any free com port should work fine.

Thom KI8W

On 4/12/2019 16:37, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Thom KI8W

That great news.

De AlanH g8oo

We love it.

Thom KI8W

73, Pete N4ZR
"retail" DX cluster.

Hi Guys/Girls

AlanH g8oo

Alan Holdsworth

Tnx fer reply

In N1MM+ there are 12 pre-settings in the rotator controller section listed below.

What I need to know is which one works faultlessly with the SPID RAU controller using the USB port/cable?

1.   RT-21

2. M2 Orion

3. Prosistel

4. AlfaSpud

5. Yaesu

6. RC280P-A

7. Rotor-EZ

8. AlfaSpud ROT2

9. Prosistel C

10.   Prosistel D

11.    RC2800PX

12.   DCU

De AlanH g8oo

Alan Holdsworth

For anyone that is interested.

I have had confirmation from 2 sources that the SPID RAU controller using the USB port/cable works using N1MM+ AlfaSpid software.

Thank you to all who helped with this enquiry.

TTFN AlanH g8oo

sp5ewx

Hi Alan
It works indeed but ...did you encounter the problem I mentioned in my
e-mail on the group before ???
Regards
sp5ewx

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:41 AM Alan Holdsworth
<alanholdsworth@...> wrote:

I have had confirmation from 2 sources that the SPID RAU controller using the USB port/cable works using N1MM+ AlfaSpid software.

TTFN AlanH g8oo

Alan Holdsworth

Hi sp5ewx

I have not purchased the SPID rotator but needed to know that it worked with N1MM before going any further.

A helpful radio ham from Scotland who already owns a SPID RAU and also required the settings for N1MM tried out the AlfaSpid software last night with N1MM and responded that it worked OK and no I cannot recall your previous comments on the SPID RAU rotator pse repeat or send your comments through the reflector or direct to alan@...

De AlanH g8oo

G800.com

-----Original Message-----
From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of sp5ewx
Sent: 15 April 2019 07:51

Hi Alan
Regards
sp5ewx

TTFN AlanH g8oo

Maciej Muszalski

It does work with N1MM+. Have it, use it. 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:17 AM Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...> wrote:
Hi sp5ewx

I have not purchased the SPID rotator but needed to know that it worked with N1MM before going any further.

A helpful radio ham from Scotland who already owns a SPID RAU and also required the settings for N1MM tried out the AlfaSpid software last night with N1MM and responded that it worked OK and no I cannot recall your previous comments on the SPID RAU rotator pse repeat or send your comments through the reflector or direct to alan@...

De AlanH g8oo

G800.com

-----Original Message-----
From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of sp5ewx
Sent: 15 April 2019 07:51

Hi Alan
Regards
sp5ewx

>
> For anyone that is interested.
>
>
>
> I have had confirmation from 2 sources that the SPID RAU controller using the USB port/cable works using N1MM+ AlfaSpid software.
>
>
>
> Thank you to all who helped with this enquiry.
>
>
>
> TTFN AlanH g8oo
>
>
>
>