Topics

SO2V dual receive

Alexander Kopp MD

"To set up for SO2V with a dual-receiver radio, you select the SO2V button in the Configurer, and in the Config menu you check the “Dual Rx always on” menu item.

 How does one activate "SO2V dual receive..." in N1MM+ to be able to select it?

Thank you, Alex AK1MD

John Bednar

Alex,

Alt+F12  or  `  toggles dual RX on and off.

Some radios need to turn dual RX on to listen to VFOB. So when you select VFOB with the PAUSE key, dual RX will be enabled.

You may find additional information in the radio specific information.

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-supported/supported-radios/

John, K3CT

"To set up for SO2V with a dual-receiver radio, you select the SO2V button in the Configurer, and in the Config menu you check the “Dual Rx always on” menu item.

 How does one activate "SO2V dual receive..." in N1MM+ to be able to select it?

Thank you, Alex AK1MD

Larry K8UT

Alex

First, set the mode in >Config >Configure Ports... to SO2V:

In SO2V mode, you're sub receiver will turn ON/OFF when you activate the 2nd VFO. If you would prefer that the sub-receiver be always ON, check this item in the >Config drop-down list:

-larry (K8UT)

"To set up for SO2V with a dual-receiver radio, you select the SO2V button in the Configurer, and in the Config menu you check the “Dual Rx always on” menu item.

 How does one activate "SO2V dual receive..." in N1MM+ to be able to select it?

Thank you, Alex AK1MD

kc9ee

If you intend to do SO2V sometimes, I find it useful to keep that same set up in every contest even if you do not intend to take advantage of the feature.  SO2V mode enables keyboard commands to switch between windows, turn 2nd receive off/on, etc.  It's best to practice those and stay well practiced.  It will also get your brain accustomed to hearing and decoding in each ear separately. I probably hurt my score in SSCW a bit by getting way out of practice.

73,

Gary KC9EE

On Friday, November 27, 2020, 03:34:32 AM CST, Alexander Kopp MD <akopp@...> wrote:

"To set up for SO2V with a dual-receiver radio, you select the SO2V button in the Configurer, and in the Config menu you check the “Dual Rx always on” menu item.

 How does one activate "SO2V dual receive..." in N1MM+ to be able to select it?

Thank you, Alex AK1MD

Alexander Kopp MD

Thank you for the replay.
On the bottom of the Configure menu there is an option "SO2V Dual Receive...". It is gray and cannot be used. It would need to be activated. How do I do it?
In the instructions it says one needs to check the Dual Rx always on. I guess this will pop up when I am able to activate the SO2V Dual Receive..., or is the command somewhere else. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you,
73, Alex AK1MD

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM kc9ee via groups.io <kc9ee=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

The SO2V option in the config drop-down menu is enabled when you set the mode to "SO2V" in the >Config >Configure ports >Hardware dialog window.

-larry (K8UT)

[...]

Larry,
Thank you for the information.
This was helpful.
For this contest I will need to stay SO1V. I could not figure out yet how to switch between the VFOs so that my CW skimmer also switches the frequency. At this point it follows VFOA only.
73 and good luck, Alex AK1MD

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you John for the information.
I will check it out after the contest. For this weekend I had to go SO1V.
73, Alex AK1MD