Topics

SO2R Setup Problem with Flex 6600

w2eck

- Trying to get N1MM+ setup with my Flex 6600 for SO2R. Following the setup instructions in the Flex How to Guide: "Setup for SO2R Mode with a  FLEX-6700 and N1MM+" (doc states also for 6600)
- When I open N1MM+ all is operating as advertised, with the exception that window 2 for Slice B is showing the same frequency as window #1 for Slice A. I have two separate CAT ports setup in SSDR CAT for radio 1 & radio 2 and they are assigned that way in N1MM+ configuration.
- I have verified  the setup instructions 3x without solving the issue. Any suggestions on where to look to correct this error??
73 Paul w2eck

Paul wondering if you ever got this issue solved
and if so How do you like the 6600 for SO2R

I am using two FTDX5000 radios for SO2R
and thinking about moving to one Flex 6600

73
Steve
KG5VK

Jamie WW3S

I tried the flex 6600 as a one box SO2R solution....went back to two radios....in my mind the flex isn’t ready for prime time....it locked up too many times on me when trying duel cqs

On Dec 16, 2019, at 1:31 PM, Steven Lott Smith <lottsphoto@...> wrote:

Paul wondering if you ever got this issue solved
and if so How do you like the 6600 for SO2R

I am using two FTDX5000 radios for SO2R
and thinking about moving to one Flex 6600

73
Steve
KG5VK

Michael Walker

I have run SO2R with OTRSP many times without an issue.

I was not doing dueling CQ's but I was running on 1 band and S&P on another.  This is with the 4O3A 2x8 switch and the PGXL.  The last time I did it was for CQWW SSB and I never had a lockup at all.

This was 100% remote.

If Jamie was having lock ups, I am not sure if he reported it or not and whether it might have been related to some external product.

Mike va3mw

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 1:43 PM Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...> wrote:
I tried the flex 6600 as a one box SO2R solution....went back to two radios....in my mind the flex isn’t ready for prime time....it locked up too many times on me when trying duel cqs

On Dec 16, 2019, at 1:31 PM, Steven Lott Smith <lottsphoto@...> wrote:

Paul wondering if you ever got this issue solved
and if so How do you like the 6600 for SO2R

I am using two FTDX5000 radios for SO2R
and thinking about moving to one Flex 6600

73
Steve
KG5VK

Michael Walker

I just checked with a few of the Alpha Team members to see if they had an issue, and Nate N4YDU, a serious power user said there was no issues.

He was on SmartSDR 3.1.8.

Mike va3mw