Topics

SO2R and Broadcast and Flex6

Chris DL5NAM

Is there a possibility with N1MM + to set the sending of the RADIO broadcast via UDP with an SO2R configuration so that only the active TRX (on which the TX focus is located) sends its QRG via broadcast?

Background:
A Flexradio 6700 is used, 2 slices (each defined as a separate TRX in N1MM +), a PA is also connected to the network via LAN and listens on UDP port 12060.
At the moment, N1MM+ sends the QRG from TRX 1 and 3 seconds later the QRG from TRX 2 and then after another 7 seconds the QRG from TRX 1 again and this is repeated continuously.
The PA switches back and forth between the two QRGs in this rhythm.

Wouldn't it be possible to set "Broadcast only from active radio" in the broadcast window?
N1MM + always knows which is the active log window and thus which TRX is the sender and only this QRG is then sent to the PA.

Maybe it's a feature request :-)

73 Chris

Larry K8UT

Chris

The UDP <RadioInfo> packet contains a tag <ActiveRadioNr> which describes the active Radio/VFO for peripheral devices. Sending both frequencies is essential for lots of downstream devices, and has been included in the RadioInfo packet since ...forever.

What make/model PA amplifier? I think you should forward this feature to them.

-larry (K8UT)

[...]

Larry, no problem if any APP or any other devices need QRG1 and QRG2 always same time but idea is to make it selectable by a small buttom to switch between this 2 modes. I'm not a programmer - maybe i imagine the change too easily. PA cannot differentiate between 2 TRX, it listens to udp.

Amp is the RF2K-S

Do you know a PA who can handle <ActiveRadioNr> ? Will give a try.

Chris

Chris DL5NAM

i forgot to say: i am not the only one who run into that problem. See here:

https://ku7t.org/working-so2r-with-flexradios-6600m-b26-rf2k-amplifier-kit-4o3as-1-amp-2-radio-switch-and-n1mm-contest-logger/

His solution cost him a lot of money

Chris

Andy (KU7T)

Chris,

I think you are reading too much between the lines in my blog. All I am explaining is that there are multiple ways to control and switch the amp and I compare them in terms of CW timing. The fact that I use 4O3A’s 1 AMP 2 switch is so I can use the amp for both slices.  I am not using it as a workaround for missing functionality in N1MM+’s UDP broadcast.  The reason I use the switch is a workaround to be able to do semi-efficient SO2R operations with a single RF2K+ amp.

One can argue that what you ask for should be a N1MM+ feature. New features are being discussed and decided by the team based on how often it is been asked for and if here is value for many. I am not aware that this has been asked before. But others may chime in into this thread.

Off topic question: Why do you use the UDP in the first place for what you are trying to do?  You can configure the Flexradio CAT output to only follow a specific Slice (as opposed to the transmit slice) and you can have your amp listen to it.

73

Andy

KU7T

Sent from Mail for Windows 10