Topics

Sharing one log between two PCs

Steve Sutterer

My home station includes a Flex 6400 and two operating positions. One position is in my shack, the other is in the family room. Separate computers and separate instance of N1MM at each operating position. During a contest I move back and forth between those two positions.
What is the best way to share one common N1MM log during the contest between those two positions?
73, Steve Sutterer AK0M

Tom Osborne

Can you network the 2 computers?  73
Tom W7WHY

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 12:40 PM Steve Sutterer <73ak0m@...> wrote:

My home station includes a Flex 6400 and two operating positions. One position is in my shack, the other is in the family room. Separate computers and separate instance of N1MM at each operating position. During a contest I move back and forth between those two positions.
What is the best way to share one common N1MM log during the contest between those two positions?
73, Steve Sutterer AK0M

danzee

I have had success networking the two computers.
Be sure both have the same version of N1MM.
Use the Network window
Be sure to designate one as the master
You may re-synch the logs at any time through a mouse click in the Network window and I think elsewhere as well.

Larry K8UT

Steve

N1MM+ is built on the single-user SQLite database engine which lacks the features for simultaneous access by multiple clients. The logging program accomplishes its network operation with peer-to-peer synchronization in which every station knows about every-other station and there is no central database or single point-of-failure.

To share a common log among multiple stations, configure them as network clients.

-larry K8UT

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2019-11-21 15:39:43
Subject: [N1MM+] Sharing one log between two PCs

73, Steve Sutterer AK0M

Steve Sutterer

They are on the same LAN, so I will give the Network approach a try. 

Thanks!
Steve AK0M