Topics

set field to required in UDC file

FritzOAQ

Can anyone tell me how to require a field in a user defined contest (UDC) file?

Or some trick to keep QSO from being logged with a blank field.

73,

Fritz K4OAQ

NA3M Nick

Fritz,

   Best thing to do – take some working udc file for the contest with similar rules, change the contest Name ={your contest name}, save the file with the new name that will later help you identify what contest it was created for. And then begin changing other parameters to adjust new udc to the rules of your contest. Change them one at a time, restart the logger to see if that change is really working the way you want.

     As for the “trick to keep QSO from being logged with a blank field ” - look at the description for /QsoErrorString/ in the _UDC_HELP.txt file (it is in the …\Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests folder).

Nick NA3M