Topics

Russia WW RTTY Contest Log

Rory Bowers

It appears the Russia WW RTTY contest log is not set up correctly.  The contest requires a Nr sent and Nr rec'd, not the CQ Zone.  Was there an update I missed?
Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

ve3ki

Different contests.

You didn't say which contest type you were trying to use, but I am guessing it is the RUSDXRTTY contest type. As described in the list of supported contests, this contest takes place on the first weekend in September. The full contest name is "Russian DX RTTY", and the rules are at <http://www.qrz.ru/contest/detail/93>.

The contest that takes place this weekend (the first weekend in October) is called the "Russian WW Digi" contest - not the same. It has different rules (<http://www.rdrclub.ru/rdrc-news/russian-ww-digital-contest/51-rus-ww-digi-rules>). I did not find an entry in the supported contests list for this specific contest, but looking at the rules, except for the mode they appear to be the same as the rules for the Russian DX PSK Contest (contest type RUSDXPSK). I'd suggest that you try using the RUSDXPSK contest type but operate in RTTY (or PSK63) mode instead of PSK31.

Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 01:08 PM, Rory Bowers wrote:
It appears the Russia WW RTTY contest log is not set up correctly.  The contest requires a Nr sent and Nr rec'd, not the CQ Zone.  Was there an update I missed?
Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

Les Elliott

The exchange is the same as the November Rus World Wide Multi Mode
use RUS-WW-MM
Les, G4OGB

Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2019 6:08 PM
Subject: [N1MM+] Russia WW RTTY Contest Log

Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

Pete Smith

I had some similar problems identifying which contest to use.  An easy solution that should work ... Click on the Show Rules:" button and see if it takes you to a contest with the right dates.

And what a weird contest it was!  The bands were full of participants yesterday afternoon (US East Coast), but in the evening, it looked like everyone had gone to bed just when 40 and 80 would have been at their best.  Oh well..

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/5/2019 3:54 PM, ve3ki wrote:

Different contests.

You didn't say which contest type you were trying to use, but I am guessing it is the RUSDXRTTY contest type. As described in the list of supported contests, this contest takes place on the first weekend in September. The full contest name is "Russian DX RTTY", and the rules are at <http://www.qrz.ru/contest/detail/93>.

The contest that takes place this weekend (the first weekend in October) is called the "Russian WW Digi" contest - not the same. It has different rules (<http://www.rdrclub.ru/rdrc-news/russian-ww-digital-contest/51-rus-ww-digi-rules>). I did not find an entry in the supported contests list for this specific contest, but looking at the rules, except for the mode they appear to be the same as the rules for the Russian DX PSK Contest (contest type RUSDXPSK). I'd suggest that you try using the RUSDXPSK contest type but operate in RTTY (or PSK63) mode instead of PSK31.

Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 01:08 PM, Rory Bowers wrote:
Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

NA3M Nick

Rory,

I think you are talking about RUS-WW-DIG contest. Yes, there was a bug that caused setting CQ zone in the Default Exchange Field instead of  serial number (#) if your previous contest was RTTY contest (with “RTTY” in the contest name). This is fixed and will be in the next release.

Nick NA3M

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rory Bowers
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:08 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

jnoyvpe@...

Why didn't you try using RUS-WW-DIG , change mode from RTTY to DIGITAL and swap between MMVARI and MMTTY(FSK) or stay in MMVARI and use AFSK for both.
It worked for me earlier !
I don't understand why Les G4OGB suggests RUS-WW-MM -- anyway he's cleverer than what I is !!!

73 JOHN G8VPE

Rory Bowers

Thanks Nick... I found a log profile that is working just fine for the RU WW Digi... I just wish the EU Big Guns would come out to play :-)  Pretty sorry turn out this year for RTTY.
Rory, K5CKS

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 9:12 AM NA3M Nick <na3m@...> wrote:

Rory,

I think you are talking about RUS-WW-DIG contest. Yes, there was a bug that caused setting CQ zone in the Default Exchange Field instead of  serial number (#) if your previous contest was RTTY contest (with “RTTY” in the contest name). This is fixed and will be in the next release.

Nick NA3M

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rory Bowers
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:08 PM

Thanks,

Rory, K5CKS

Rory Bowers

Thanks John... all you Brits are clever blokes :-)
73 my friend,
Rory, K5CKS

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 9:23 AM <jnoyvpe@...> wrote:

Why didn't you try using   RUS-WW-DIG   , change mode from RTTY to  DIGITAL  and swap between MMVARI and MMTTY(FSK)  or stay in MMVARI and use AFSK for both.
I don't understand why Les G4OGB suggests  RUS-WW-MM -- anyway he's cleverer  than what I is !!!

73 JOHN G8VPE

Les Elliott

John
I have have had the same problem before, and if you look at the rules for both events, you will see the exchange and points are the same.
Les

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Russia WW RTTY Contest Log

Why didn't you try using RUS-WW-DIG , change mode from RTTY to DIGITAL and swap between MMVARI and MMTTY(FSK) or stay in MMVARI and use AFSK for both.
I don't understand why Les G4OGB suggests RUS-WW-MM -- anyway he's cleverer than what I is !!!

73 JOHN G8VPE