Topics

Reset radio

Skip

Can someone tell me how many times N1MM+ will poll the radio before issuing the "Radio contact lost" message?  Is there some way to adjust the number of polls before issuing the message?  His K3 and N1MM+ track his QRG nearly all the time.

We have a remote user who is getting the message often.  He does have an I'net problem with audio dropouts ... it seems to be excessive buffering at a Level 3 node in Sacramento.  Unfortunately, Level 3 is unresponsive, both to him and his ISP.

Any ideas welcomed.  The W7RN group will be operating as W1AW/7 ARRL HQ station tomorrow

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

John Bednar

Fred,

Radio timeout is based on time not polling attempts. The timeout can be changed by the user using the Bandmap right click menu.

This timer is extended when users open some windows and the program waits for input.

It is dangerous to extend the radio timeout timer to hide the underlying issue. QSO’s maybe logged on the wrong band and certainly on the wrong frequency.

John, K3CT

Can someone tell me how many times N1MM+ will poll the radio before issuing the "Radio contact lost" message?  Is there some way to adjust the number of polls before issuing the message?  His K3 and N1MM+ track his QRG nearly all the time.

We have a remote user who is getting the message often.  He does have an I'net problem with audio dropouts ... it seems to be excessive buffering at a Level 3 node in Sacramento.  Unfortunately, Level 3 is unresponsive, both to him and his ISP.

Any ideas welcomed.  The W7RN group will be operating as W1AW/7 ARRL HQ station tomorrow

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Skip

OK, thanks ... sounds a bit more adaptive than I had thought it would be.  It's really hard to diagnose things when the ends are separated by a string of routers. [:-)

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County