Topics

request/suggestion

PA4JJ

Hello

We are all waiting for the start of the CQWWDX contest this weekend ofcourse.
Now one of the rules for this contest is to make a recording of each qso you make.
I know that there are third party programs to do this but then you have to adjust the ini file of N1MM.

So my request/suggestion is:
Would it be possible to do let N1MM do this without third party programs?
Ofcourse I understand that this will be a lot of programming but maybe for future (major) releases so that we can record all contests?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Timon Kruijer

Sri in Dutch.

Gaan ze niet doen. De filosofie is dat als de contest over is dan is het over. Je kunt qsorder gebruiken dat werkt goed.

73 Timon PA1T

Op do 22 okt. 2020 15:09 schreef PA4JJ <n1mm@...>:

Hello

We are all waiting for the start of the CQWWDX contest this weekend ofcourse.
Now one of the rules for this contest is to make a recording of each qso you make.
I know that there are third party programs to do this but then you have to adjust the ini file of N1MM.

So my request/suggestion is:
Would it be possible to do let N1MM do this without third party programs?
Ofcourse I understand that this will be a lot of programming but maybe for future (major) releases so that we can record all contests?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

VE9AA - Mike

Jan,
You don't need to be concerned..
I reviewed submissions for CQWW (3 of them) for callsign PA4JJ...with much respect, unless you are doing something very different this year I don't think this will pertain to you.  Only top 5 finishers*(see below snipped from the rules) MAY be requested to submit audio recordings....and only then if you are suspected of cheating.
I've finished in this class a few times in various CQWW's (not SSB) but never been asked.  I record on a cheap $50 Sony digital handheld recorder spliced into my headphone line....super easy.

Have fun - CU this weekend maybe !
veel plezier en een goede dag…..XYL is Dutch, my own  Dutch language is not good... ;-)

. Audio Recordings:
Any single operator entrant (see V.A.1) competing for a top five finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, including Classic Overlay, must record the transmitted and received audio as heard by the operator for the duration of the contest operation. The recording must be in a common format (e.g., mp3) and should include the audio to each ear as a separate channel. The recording must be a continuous recording (not a recording of individual QSOs). Time “off the air” (when not transmitting or receiving) does not have to be recorded. The recording may be requested by the Committee within 90 days after the log deadline to help adjudicate the log. The recording files must be provided by the entrant within 5 days of the request. If no recording is made available, the Committee may reclassify to an appropriate category, reclassify to Checklog, or disqualify the entry.

--
Mike VE9AA

Vytenis LY5T

Well, I'd like to back PA4JJ here. Recordings are needed not only for PA4JJ but for others too. And they may compete for high places. Beside this, its good to have recordings and listen to most interesting moments after the contest or share recordings with others on https://qsorder.hamradiomap.com/ Although it may look simple to setup program to do recordings for English speaking hams and who are well familiar with general computing and programs, it is not the case for many my friends who speak very little English and/or are not well computer educated. This is show stopper for them. I help as much as I can. I'm pretty sure there are many amateurs world wide in situation similar to my friends.
I know there is new version of QSOrder in the works, but afraid it will get GUI, but not become integral part of N1MM.

73
Vytenis LY5T

Steve London

The exact rules for recording are:

B. Audio Recordings: Any single operator entrant competing for a top five finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, including Classic Overlay, must record the transmitted and received audio as heard by the operator for the duration of the contest operation.

https://cqww.com/rules.htm

The rules are also available in many other languages.

The vast majority of participants are not required to make any recordings.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/22/2020 08:44 AM, Vytenis LY5T wrote:
[...]

Many good folks seem to make this overly complicated for themselves.
My first recording I ever did some years ago was a $2.99 "Y-connector" spliced into my headphone line and a small cable out to my $50 Sony digital recorder.
I pressed 'record' @ 0000z Sat morning, then 2 days later pressed 'stop'.  A couple years onwards I did add a small $40 Behringer audio amp/equalizer  for slightly louder/clearer recordings.

There is no need for it to be complicated.

As I stated, N2IC stated and the rules state, unless you are vying for a top 5 finish, there is no need to record. (even them, I am sure most top-5'er don't get asked unless something stinks. hi hi

A $50 handheld recorder and 20 minutes with a soldering iron -or- download QSOrder and you're done.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:44 AM, Vytenis LY5T wrote:
[...]

Drew Vonada-Smith K3PA

I do it Mike's way also, with a Sony recorder.  As often as not I forget to turn it on.  But, unless they say Top 5 for W0, I'm not likely to need it!  LOL

73,

Drew K3PA

Peter Krüger

For QSorder you only have to enable UDP traffic e.g. port 12060 and start qsorder with the correct parameter.

I added a qsorder starter to my toolbox (see my homepage) - there you can check if you have the correct soundcard enabled and ... . After check only press "start qsorder" and it will run.
The new version have a new function about continous recording but this need ffmpeg which must be installed (and therefore the new version is only on my PC in the moment :) )

--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de