Topics

Radio Command log file location?

Edward Gisske

I’m trying to chase down a problem with a TS-990S not responding to mode changes when clicking on a call in the available window that is in a different mode than the current radio mode. In the “Tools” menu, there is a command that looks helpful called “Radio Command Logging” that looks like it would be useful for trying to figure it out.

However…I’m not finding anything in the docs that tells me where the log file is located.

What am I missing??

Ted

K9IMM

John Bednar

Ted,

Nothing will be output. I selectively enable items when debugging a new radio.

The mode sent to the radio is controlled by several items. The first thing to check is Config, Mode Control tab. Uncheck Start with Always use packet mode unchecked and Use contest or radio mode checked. There are times when users want the radio mode to change and times when you do not want the mode to change.

You can check the mode assigned to the spot by hovering over the spot in the Bandmap.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Edward Gisske
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 2:55 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Radio Command log file location?

I’m trying to chase down a problem with a TS-990S not responding to mode changes when clicking on a call in the available window that is in a different mode than the current radio mode. In the “Tools” menu, there is a command that looks helpful called “Radio Command Logging” that looks like it would be useful for trying to figure it out.

However…I’m not finding anything in the docs that tells me where the log file is located.

What am I missing??

Ted

K9IMM

Donald Rasmussen

Hi John.

I wrote an SDRSharp plugin emulating TS2000 for N1MM frequency and mode sync. 

At present I recognize "FA","FR","MD" and "IF", works well. 

Is there some way to know what other commands that exist in N1MM that SDRSharp may need to respond to?

de Wb8yqj Don
Carlsbad, Ca. USA

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 07:16 PM, John Bednar wrote:

The mode sent to the radio is controlled by several items. The first thing to check is Config, Mode Control tab. Uncheck Start with Always use packet mode unchecked and Use contest or radio mode checked. There are times when users want the radio mode to change and times when you do not want the mode to change.

You can check the mode assigned to the spot by hovering over the spot in the Bandmap.

John, K3CT

John Bednar

Don,

I will send a direct email with a list.

The Cat Macros allow the users can send any command to the radio. Some send keyer commands.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald Rasmussen via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Radio Command log file location?

Hi John.

I wrote an SDRSharp plugin emulating TS2000 for N1MM frequency and mode sync. 

At present I recognize "FA","FR","MD" and "IF", works well. 

Is there some way to know what other commands that exist in N1MM that SDRSharp may need to respond to?

de Wb8yqj Don
Carlsbad, Ca. USA

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 07:16 PM, John Bednar wrote:

John, K3CT

Donald Rasmussen

Awesome John - could not have asked for anything more. I noticed in the help document the keyboard sequences that would create many of the commands you describe. 

My SDRSharp plugin cant respond to them all, most important is that the N1MM program does not demand a response or timeout when I don't reply. 

I have some residual issues I am trying to work out: 

I have to send an "FA" command every second or so to prevent an N1MM timeout. Seems "IF" reply to the N1MM request that comes in once per second that would reset the timer.  I send the "IF" response then I send an "FA" one second later. That's working. 

N1MM is accepting the mode set from the "IF" reply but not the frequency data for some reason.
response = "IF" + String.Format("{0:00000000000}", freqx) + "0011+00000000000" + mode2int[modex] + "0000000"+separator;

N1MM takes the mode set from the IF response but does not accept a direct mode set command "MD3;" for example. 

Alas - it is working and it beats what I was doing before - using VSPE to split a physical com port (share traffic) for the logging program and SDRSharp both. 

Thanks again
de Wb8yqj Don
http://wb8yqj.yolasite.com/sdrmetersandafedri.php

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 06:42 PM, John Bednar wrote:

The Cat Macros allow the users can send any command to the radio. Some send keyer commands.

John, K3CT

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

fyi SDRConsole has Kenwood CAT support built-in.  It is a *very* good SDR program.

Tom - N1MM

On 10/11/2019 11:03 PM, Donald Rasmussen via Groups.Io wrote:
Awesome John - could not have asked for anything more. I noticed in the help document the keyboard sequences that would create many of the commands you describe.

My SDRSharp plugin cant respond to them all, most important is that the N1MM program does not demand a response or timeout when I don't reply.

I have to send an "FA" command every second or so to prevent an N1MM timeout. Seems "IF" reply to the N1MM request that comes in once per second that would reset the timer.  I send the "IF" response then I send an "FA" one second later. That's working.

N1MM is accepting the mode set from the "IF" reply but not the frequency data for some reason.
response = "IF" + String.Format("{0:00000000000}", freqx) + "0011+00000000000" + mode2int[modex] + "0000000"+separator;

N1MM takes the mode set from the IF response but does not accept a direct mode set command "MD3;" for example.

Alas - it is working and it beats what I was doing before - using VSPE to split a physical com port (share traffic) for the logging program and SDRSharp both.

Thanks again
de Wb8yqj Don

The Cat Macros allow the users can send any command to the radio.
Some send keyer commands.

John, K3CT

John Bednar

Don,

Do not send unsolicited data. Out of order data may cause radio control issues.

Print your IF command and compare it to the TS-2000-English.pdf manual, page 125. It is always 38 characters long. You likely are making a mistake.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald Rasmussen via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Radio Command log file location?

Thanks again
de Wb8yqj Don

John, K3CT

Donald Rasmussen

100% agreed Tom, SDR Console V3 is in a class by itself - fun to fiddle with the others, but V3 supports more hardware, has all the features, and Simon doesn't ever stop adding very cool things!

de Wb8yqj Don

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:43 AM, Tom Wagner (N1MM) wrote:
fyi SDRConsole has Kenwood CAT support built-in.  It is a *very* good SDR program.

Tom - N1MM

Donald Rasmussen

Okay John - quite interesting, I coded to TS480 IF format (simpler) using the TS480 CAT manual, selected at N1MM and still no joy.

I had verified the TS2000 manual many times previously. 

Interesting that the mode set is working at N1MM so program is finding position 30 in the string and must be accepting the "IF" prefix to know to get the mode there, but not able to take the set frequency from pos 3 for 11 in the same message. Text is clean and properly formatted, use the same string to build the "FA" command that works. 

Also, when sending "CW" from N1MM log window I get "MD3;" at my plugin but when I send that to the program (unsolicited) it gets ignored. 

Just one to file away for future reference - thanks for the info.

de Wb8yqj Don

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 04:04 AM, John Bednar wrote:

Do not send unsolicited data. Out of order data may cause radio control issues.

Print your IF command and compare it to the TS-2000-English.pdf manual, page 125. It is always 38 characters long. You likely are making a mistake.

John, K3CT