Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM
Subject: [N1MM+] Problem with DI in WAE

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

NS2N_PTA@...

Also same problem, and can' t click in QTC header - have to type manually .

NS2N

I am having the same problem, Freezing when clicking on the QTC Header.
That is only in the mane DI window with MMTTY
I have another RX window also with MMTTY and no problem there.

Claude VE2FK

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

VE2FK

If you have another RX window open try that one, it’s ok here on second RX window.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:01 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

NS2N_PTA@...

Only using standard window.
No extras

I can type it in but by the time that's done, I'm 3 or 4 qtcs behind, furiously clicking away!

NS2N

If you have another RX window open try that one, it’s ok here on second RX window.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:01 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Rick Ellison

Are you using the non-scrolling window?? If so try switching to the scrolling window. I’m not home to look at the source code but nothing in this section of the code ever changes but I do know if the scrolling window there is a statement that turns off the channel pause that gets turned on when clicking on a qtc.

73 Rick N2AMG

If you have another RX window open try that one, it’s ok here on second RX window.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:01 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

VE2FK

Yes I am using scrolling window.
Dont worry Rick, we can still work.
Another thing, Right Click deck down dont work and
I can not find where is the command.

73 de VE2FK

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:52 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Doug Ferguson

Yes, I'm using the scroll and tried both.  When you say open a 2nd window is that a MMTTY window?  I already have GRITTY for crosschecking and
no space for a 3rd window.  I did have this problem last year but thought it was my computer so never posted and frankly had
forgotten about it.
Doug - N7NM

VE2FK

Yes it is a second RX window and also MMTTY as the main window.
It works ok if I use it to receive QTC, no freeze. I also have a third one, 2Tone
but have not try it.  For now all is ok.

GL

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 2:54 PM

Yes, I'm using the scroll and tried both.  When you say open a 2nd window is that a MMTTY window?  I already have GRITTY for crosschecking and
no space for a 3rd window.  I did have this problem last year but thought it was my computer so never posted and frankly had
forgotten about it.
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Rick Ellison

DI Setup menu about half way down. Right click doesn’t drop call. Something like that..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:52 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:01 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

VE2FK

Not there anymore ha ha!  or I am blind.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

ve3ki

There is a new option immediately below the Rt Click = Return NOT Menu, called With RtClicked enabled Don't drop On-Deck call. Is that the one you are looking for?

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

VE2FK

YES but I dont see it.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

VE2FK

Oh Boy... for some reason, because newest version are upset down
I was using very old version...  now I got it.

Will see if it help also for freeze

Thanks
Claude

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:10 PM

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Bill KO7SS

The screen is a bit demanding with the clicks. Being in W7, I don't get a lot of practice RXing QTC's
but it seems critical that the mouse click is on the very last digit of each line, for 1610-DP7W-033, you
have to click exactly on the 3 as it goes scrolling by :)

73, Bill

VE2FK

OK, will give it a try about the QTC header too.
73 GL

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:47 PM

The screen is a bit demanding with the clicks. Being in W7, I don't get a lot of practice RXing QTC's
but it seems critical that the mouse click is on the very last digit of each line, for 1610-DP7W-033, you
have to click exactly on the 3 as it goes scrolling by :)

73, Bill

VE2FK

Bill I just tested when receiving QTC and I could not get
the QTC header without freezing even clicking end of the line.
Had to switch to RX window 2.
But maybe for the 10 QTC it help, will try
73

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:47 PM

The screen is a bit demanding with the clicks. Being in W7, I don't get a lot of practice RXing QTC's
but it seems critical that the mouse click is on the very last digit of each line, for 1610-DP7W-033, you
have to click exactly on the 3 as it goes scrolling by :)

73, Bill

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Rick I2BRT

It's strange. A lot more difficult of what I remember last year...
I too had some issue.
One is : the Yellow bar is engaged (means "pause the rx screen) but seems to be triggered more often than desired. I must click again on the Yellow bar to revert to green.

Doug..

What processor is your computer??

I’m trying to understand the pausing that is taking effect. I was copying a station that was sending QTC a little bit ago and I opened the receive window and was able to click on each qtc with no issues. Each qtc was entered into the correct row.

The process of the clicking on the qtc is when your mouse click goes down the RX window is paused when you release your mouse click the line in the screen where the mouse is over is copied and sent to the QTC window for processing and entering in the qtc boxes. As soon as that is done the RX window is un-paused and the strip should be turning back green.

If it is doesn’t turn green you can click on the yellow strip and that will stop the pausing and turn it back green.

Nothing in that code has changed in a number of years so I am trying to understand what else in the background could be causing it.

73 Rick N2AMG

I'm having a big issue with the DI freezing when receiving QTC's in the WAE.  Usually a few will print and I can
click to fill the QTC form but at some point the DI freezes up and the green side bar turns yellow.  I have not found
a way to unfreeze it by clicking on something.  It only frees up when I move off freq. but then I lose the sent QTC's.
If I manually go ahead and tell sender that I've received all ok I can go back and fill in from GRITTY DI but it's a huge hassle
especially if I'm running.
Any thoughts would be apprecited
Doug - N7NM

Tim Shoppa

I largely do my QTC'ing by reading by eye from the RTTY decoder (I have at least 3 open so I have multiple to choose from, whatever has best copy, and by typing I can incorporate the "best of" multiple decoders) and typing into the QTC boxes.

I have two panes (N1MM and 2Tone) of decoders inside the DI window.

But today, once instead of typing, I tried clicking in the DI window for a couple of QTC's where copy was really clear. I started clicking in the 2Tone pane to copy those in and it seemed to work for about 5 lines and then it "froze up". No new decodes scrolling in that pane. I then went to the MMTTY window, which was still scrolling, and right after the last Q there that one "froze up". In the next minute they seemed to start scrolling again.

Tim N3qE