Topics

Pro tip of the day

Tom - N1MM

Q. Do you want to just copy a log from one database to another?
A. Don't use ADIF. Use File/Copy this contest to another database.

Why?  It's way faster.  It is more likely that there will be a  bug in ADIF import/export than in this method.

Why would you want to copy a database like this?
1. If you want to keep one database for all QSOs but log individual contests in an new database for maximum performance on slower computers.
2. If you want to keep a database for a particular time period and want to consolidate logs.

73,
Tom - N1MM

Steve London

3. If you want to have a yearly database for contests during that year, but keep your "DX" (general purpose) log complete, and not broken up each year.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 11/01/2019 06:50 AM, Tom - N1MM wrote:
Q. Do you want to just copy a log from one database to another?
A. Don't use ADIF. Use File/Copy this contest to another database.
Why?  It's way faster.  It is more likely that there will be a  bug in ADIF import/export than in this method.
Why would you want to copy a database like this?
1. If you want to keep one database for all QSOs but log individual contests in an new database for maximum performance on slower computers.
2. If you want to keep a database for a particular time period and want to consolidate logs.
73,
Tom - N1MM

k8ur

With CQWPX contest log open and showing all contacts in WPX format,
I want to have these contacts showup in CQSSB contest log.

I click File>Copy This Contest to Another Database.
I click ham.s3db where the CQWPX is at.
I get a Database Selection Error:
“The target database can not be the current open database.”
So.., how do you do it..?

Mitch Mitchell
RF/Microwave Engineering Guru
443-926-2541

On Nov 1, 2019, at 08:50, Tom - N1MM <Tom@...> wrote:

Q. Do you want to just copy a log from one database to another?
A. Don't use ADIF. Use File/Copy this contest to another database.

Why?  It's way faster.  It is more likely that there will be a  bug in ADIF import/export than in this method.

Why would you want to copy a database like this?
1. If you want to keep one database for all QSOs but log individual contests in an new database for maximum performance on slower computers.
2. If you want to keep a database for a particular time period and want to consolidate logs.

73,
Tom - N1MM

Tom LeClerc

First you have to create a new database as the target.  It can be named anything but depending on the database naming scheme make it something that you can recognize and save it in the database folder.  Then go back to ham.s3db, open the contest and export it to the new database. export to the new database.

Tom

--
 Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
 Contest Station for N1MM, W1TJL, & others
On 11/1/2019 11:39 AM, k8ur via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

ve3ki

If you want to take contacts that were logged in CQ WPX and move them to a CQ WW log, you have to export to ADIF and edit the ADIF file you exported before importing it into the new database. The File/Copy this contest to another database method copies the log to a new log of the same contest type in the new database, which will not solve your problem if you logged the contacts using the wrong contest type in the first place.

For more details, see message 45207 from this group (posted yesterday - <https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/45207>), or consult the FAQ in the manual at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/faq/#other-questions>, 9th question in the section.