Topics

Post-contest manual entry?

Jon Zaimes AA1K

Entered IARU contest while mobile on a return trip from Georgia (N3TTT was driving). Laptop battery died so shifted to paper logging. Now I want to add those QSOs  to the N1MM log I started. How do I switch to manual entry where I can specify the time?

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K

Tower climber for hire

http://www.aa1k.us/

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.

ve3ki

Enter the contacts manually. The program will automatically record the contacts with the date and time they were entered, not the time they were actually made. Once the contacts are entered, you can edit the times in the Log window. Double-click on the right-hand half of the date/time stamp in the Log window to open a small edit window where you can change the hh, mm and/or ss part of the time. If you also need to change the date, there is an icon at the right end of the edit window that can be used to open a calendar window where you can change the date, or you can double-click in the left-hand side of the date/time stamp to open a small edit window for the date.

If there are several contacts with times close together so that it is safe to act as if the separation in time between successive contacts was always the same (errors of a couple of minutes will not be a problem), then there is an option in the right-click menu for the Log window to select a range of contacts and assign an interpolated series of times to them. See
<https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/getting-started/operating-a-contest/#change-time-for-multiple-hand-entered-qsos>.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 08:30 AM, Jon Zaimes AA1K wrote:

[...]

K7XC Tim Marek

You just enter the entries but make sure the correct mode and freq are manually entered first. Quickly enter them all changing bands and modes as needed. then go back and edit the log manually. It gets pretty easy to do after a few records. Repeat for each entry till done. Rescore the log and then open it up to edit and thump down thru your work looking for errors. Act5ually pretty simple after you have dine it once or twice.

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!

Jon Zaimes AA1K

Thanks for the tips!

The double-click feature to change the time and date is working.

Unfortunately when I try to do the batch interpolation from the instructions, the two commands are always greyed out when I right click over the log window (as instructed I single clicked on the desired starting call first).

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K

Tower climber for hire

http://www.aa1k.us/

Cell: 302-632-2353

[...]

First, left-click on the first contact in the log that you want to change to select it. Then, *without moving the mouse* (i.e. with the mouse still over that contact), right-click to open the popup menu. The "Set Start Interpolation Time & Row" item in the popup menu should now be black (the "Set Stop ..." item will still be greyed out). Left-click on that menu item and enter the desired date and time into the dialog box, then click on "OK". Then move the mouse over the last contact you want to change, right-click on it (or first left-click on it and then right-click without moving the mouse), and if you had clicked "OK" in the last step, the second "Set Stop Interpolation Time & Row" menu item should now also be black. Left-click on that menu item, enter the end date and time into the dialog box, click on "OK", and again on "Yes" when you are asked to confirm.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 08:01 PM, Jon Zaimes AA1K wrote:

[...]

Les Elliott

You can always start at the required time by setting it on the computer clock.

Les, G4OGB

[...]

Pete Smith

There are a lot of other tools available.  See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/log-window/#editing-the-log>

73, Pete N4ZR