Topics

Possible to save RX window text to file?

Sarah Dickey

Greetings:  I plan to participate in the CQ WW RTTY contest in a week.  As a backup for logging purposes I would like to save all the TX/RX text in the RX window in a text file. (To be clear I'm referring to the "RX Window" as the window space on the "Digital Interface Soundcard (MMVARI)" window.)  It looks like I cannot just highlight, cut and paste that text.  I have diligently looked for a program feature for text capture but can't find one -- but I'm new to this software -- I could have missed it.  Any hints or ideas would be much appreciated.
73, N6OPE

ve3ki

In the Digital Interface window's Setup menu, there is an item called "Output RX Window to Text File" that will create a text file to which everything that appears in the RX window is sent. The coloring is lost (it's just a text file), and text that you sent is intermixed with text you received. The file is stored in the ExportFiles sudirectory of your N1MM+ user files directory, and the file name will look something like 09282019DigitalInterface1Output.txt, where the initial number in the file name is the date in mmddyyyy format.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 07:02 PM, Sarah Dickey wrote:
Greetings:  I plan to participate in the CQ WW RTTY contest in a week.  As a backup for logging purposes I would like to save all the TX/RX text in the RX window in a text file. (To be clear I'm referring to the "RX Window" as the window space on the "Digital Interface Soundcard (MMVARI)" window.)  It looks like I cannot just highlight, cut and paste that text.  I have diligently looked for a program feature for text capture but can't find one -- but I'm new to this software -- I could have missed it.  Any hints or ideas would be much appreciated.
73, N6OPE

Sarah Dickey

EXCELLENT!  I thought I had seen something but the menus are so vast I couldn't find it again.  This is exactly what I was hoping and looking for.  Thank you so much Rich!

73, N6OPE, Sarah

On 9/23/2019 4:11 PM, ve3ki wrote:
[...]

Rick

When I look at the file, every character is on a separate line, and looks nothing like the Digital Interface Window.  If I look at the Receive Window saved by MMTTY it is correct.  It is saved in my digital engine location.
Is there a location that sets the format of the saved file?

Rick
NN4RB

Rick Ellison

Rick can you send me that file. I want to look at it so I can find where the extra linefeeds are coming from. Its not supposed to be that way..

73 Rick n2AMG

When I look at the file, every character is on a separate line, and looks nothing like the Digital Interface Window.  If I look at the Receive Window saved by MMTTY it is correct.  It is saved in my digital engine location.
Is there a location that sets the format of the saved file?

Rick
NN4RB

Dick, K2ZR

Mark, Here is a G.io thread for your reference. Dick