Topics

OPON

LB8IB

Hi all,

How do I clear the operator list (OPON) in N1MM so it doesn't remember the different operators settings anymore
Do I have to delete the N1MM Logger INI file?

73 de
Olaf
LB8IB

ve3ki

OPON is not an operator list. It is the command you use to change the current operator.

There is an Operator field stored in every QSO in the database. If you never use the OPON or Ctrl+O command, the contents of the Operator field for every QSO will be the station callsign. Once you use an OPON or Ctrl+O command, a new operator value is assigned and that value will be used for the Operator field for each QSO from that point forward. If you want to restore the value so that future QSOs have the Operator field set the same as the station callsign, then just do an OPON and enter the station callsign as the operator. Or, while N1MM+ is not running, open the ini file with a text editor such as Notepad, search for a field called Operator= (it's in the [EntryWindow] section), and edit it. Deleting the entire ini file for such a minor change is not necessary.

This will not change the Operator field in past QSOs. The only way to change those is to edit each QSO, one at a time. Or, if you are exporting the log to ADIF, you can edit the ADIF file. This is much easier, since you can do a Replace All to change them all at once.

There is an operator list in the Contest Setup page, which is used to fill the OPERATOR: line in the Cabrillo file header. If you want that field to contain a list of all the operators that have at least one QSO with their call in the Operator field during the currently selected contest, there is a button for updating the operators from the log. If you want to change the contents of that field, just mouse-click in the field and edit its contents. That will not change anything in the log, but it will change what is output to the Cabrillo file header.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 08:45 PM, LB8IB wrote:
Hi all,

How do I clear the operator list (OPON) in N1MM so it doesn't remember the different operators settings anymore
Do I have to delete the N1MM Logger INI file?

73 de
Olaf
LB8IB

LB8IB

Thank you for clarifying the OPON command Rich

The reason for my question was to not have the skin and layout messed up when we change operators.
My last contest was SARTG RTTY and I don't want this layout to appear on the screen in CQWW CW :-)
We will operate M/M from LN8W

I think I found the answer in this topic
https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/topic/28948054#38914

Best regards
Olaf

ve3ki

In addition to the comments in the topic thread you found, you might also investigate the use of the Tools > Save Window Positions and Tools > Restore Window Positions menu items.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 09:29 PM, LB8IB wrote:

Thank you for clarifying the OPON command Rich

The reason for my question was to not have the skin and layout messed up when we change operators.
My last contest was SARTG RTTY and I don't want this layout to appear on the screen in CQWW CW :-)
We will operate M/M from LN8W

I think I found the answer in this topic
https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/topic/28948054#38914

Best regards
Olaf

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

Delete the op layouts and/or skins you don't want in the SkinsAndLayouts directory. Rename them to test the effect.

Tom