Topics

Operating time

john ni0k

How do I see the operating time from a contest?

-de John NI0K

Kenneth Grimm

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 9:29 AM john ni0k <jasimmons@...> wrote:
How do I see the operating time from a contest?

On the log window, View, Off Times.  You will find the "on time" at the bottom of that window.

73,
Ken - K4XL

-de John NI0K

--
Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive

Dwight Orten

Under view click on off times.
73
Dwight, KM4FO

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 8:29 AM john ni0k <jasimmons@...> wrote:
How do I see the operating time from a contest?

-de John NI0K

ve3ki

View > Off Times

That displays all of the relevant times: individual segments that qualify as off times longer than 30 minutes, total off time up to now (= cumulative contest off time), and total operating time.

If you have the Info window open, there is also a setting for the off time counter that displays cumulative contest off time. Operating time is the total time elapsed during the contest minus the cumulative contest off time.

During a contest View > Off Times is simpler if what you really want to know is the operating time, not the off time, because you do not have to do as much mental arithmetic. Using View > Off Times also allows you to configure the Info window's off time counter to do what it does best, namely to tell you whether the current time off has been long enough to qualify as an official off time or not.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 09:29 AM, john ni0k wrote:
How do I see the operating time from a contest?

-de John NI0K

John Bednar

The View, Off times report lists the off time used for the report.

If the sponsor specified an off time in the rules our report should use that time duration. If nothing is specified a default time of 30 minutes is used. Sometimes a sponsor changes the off time and doesn’t notify us. If any contest needs to be changed, let us know.

John, K3CT