Topics

Notes in log

Tom Owens

Getting ready for the CQ WW SSB contest next weekend.

Tried making a note for a call in the callsign field.
One, don't see anything confirming that a note was made.
Two, if notes were made for a few contacts how do I display them later to see what action, if any, needs to be taken.

Tom, K7RI

Larry K8UT

Tom

>Tried making a note for a call in the callsign field.
Not sure from your description where you entered that note. But here is how to enter Notes or Comments for a contact:

After logging the contest, right-click on the contact in the Log Window and select "Edit Contact." Enter text in the "Comment" field. Press the [Update] button to save the text.

After the contest, find your comments by >Exporting the log to an ADIF file and look for any ADIF <COMMENT: > tags in the text.

-larry K8UT

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2019-10-21 13:37:02
Subject: [N1MM+] Notes in log

Two, if notes were made for a few contacts how do I display them later to see what action, if any, needs to be taken.

Tom, K7RI

Monte Stark

I have an F-Key set with {FORCELOGNOTE}. That way I can add the note when I log the contact. I find it handy to use now and then when doing S&P. Never tried using it while running.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry K8UT
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 12:40 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Notes in log

Tom

Not sure from your description where you entered that note. But here is how to enter Notes or Comments for a contact:

After logging the contest, right-click on the contact in the Log Window and select "Edit Contact." Enter text in the "Comment" field. Press the [Update] button to save the text.

After the contest, find your comments by >Exporting the log to an ADIF file and look for any ADIF <COMMENT: > tags in the text.

-larry K8UT

Tom, K7RI

Virus-free. www.avg.com

ve3ki

Larry, it's a lot easier than that.

To add a note to a contact, just use Ctrl+N. The note will be added to the QSO in progress, or to the previous QSO if no QSO is in progress. If you "force log" a contact using Ctrl+Alt+Enter, a note will be added to the log automatically.

To view notes, use the View > Notes menu item.

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 02:39 PM, Larry K8UT wrote:
Tom

-larry K8UT

Tom, K7RI

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 03:39 PM, Larry K8UT wrote:

Alternately, you can add Notes during the contest before logging the QSO by clicking on the EDIT button in the Entry windows.

You can also view the Notes directly in the program using View / Notes.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

John Bednar

I think Ctrl-N opens the qso note window.  If I am wrong check the keyboard commands list in the manual. 

John, K3CT 

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/22/19 1:42 AM (GMT-05:00)

Alternately, you can add Notes during the contest before logging the QSO by clicking on the EDIT button in the Entry windows.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Mirko �ibilja

John is right, Ctrl-N does open QSO note window, and I use it pretty extensively.

73, Mirko, S57AD

V V tor., 22. okt. 2019 ob 14:03 je oseba John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> napisala:

I think Ctrl-N opens the qso note window.  If I am wrong check the keyboard commands list in the manual. 

John, K3CT 

--
Gerald, VE1DT

--
Mirko S57AD

David W Wood \(G3YXX\)

It does – much the simplest way.

Mousing wastes time

David – G3YXX

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Bednar via Groups.Io
Sent: 22 October 2019 13:04

John, K3CT 

--
Gerald, VE1DT