Topics

need help with history file for user defined contest template

FritzOAQ

I’ve gotten a .udc from someone else & confess I don’t fully understand it.

It has 3 fields I’m interested in populating: name, qth, power

I created a history file with no “!!” line and lines like the following:

K4OAQ,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26

When logging K4OAQ, “1” showed up in the name fld, “8” showed up in the qth fld, but nothing shows up in the power field.

Actually, the power fld does not have to be populated from the history file.

But I also don’t know how to populate it like the RST fields are done.

73,

Fritz K4OAQ

Les Elliott

The UDC file has nothing to do with the Call History function, read about the CH here;

Look at existing CH files for examples.

Les, G4OGB

I’ve gotten a .udc from someone else & confess I don’t fully understand it.

It has 3 fields I’m interested in populating: name, qth, power

I created a history file with no “!!” line and lines like the following:

K4OAQ,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26

When logging K4OAQ, “1” showed up in the name fld, “8” showed up in the qth fld, but nothing shows up in the power field.

Actually, the power fld does not have to be populated from the history file.

But I also don’t know how to populate it like the RST fields are done.

73,

Fritz K4OAQ

n7wy

Fritz

Did you look at  https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/call-history/

I think you need a !!Order!! directive or N1MM has no idea what to do with the fields you set up.

73  Bob R  -   N7WY

FritzOAQ

Bob,
Yup. I tried that but I have no idea what the name for the "Pwr" field is. I assume that info is tucked away in the udc file. I looked there but cudn't figure anything out. Hence, I used the default order by omitting the !!Order!! directive. The call-history link says the following:

If an  !!Order!! input directive is not read during file import, the routine expects the data to be in this comma separated order:

  Call(15), Name(20), Loc1(6), Loc2(6), Sect(8), State(8), CK(#), Birthdate(date), Exch1(12), Misc(15), UserText(60),
Since my test history file did not populate the Pwr field with anything, I figure something isn't set up properly in the udc file. I'm still in the process of learning how to create udc files.
73, Fritz k4oaq

John Bednar

If you do not use the import directive the software expects the data in a specific order.

Using the import directive allows the user to use existing data and define the column order.

Multiple import directives can be used in the same file and multiple files can be imported.

John, K3CT