Topics

N1MM+ & WSJT

Joe WB9SBD

Now that the IARU is over I am working on getting ready for the first time contest.
https://ww-digi.com/

Now I am using this page
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/wsjt-x-decode-list-window/

To set up the logger. I am seeing a LOT of references about the computer talking to the radio.

in this contest is that a MUST?

I have made thousands of FT-8 QSO's using WSJT- whatever program, and it is NOT connected to my radio.

My radio is not capable of talking to the computer.

Same with N1MM+ I have done almost everything you can do with N1MM+ everything that is except have it talk to the computer and radio. advanced voicing etc. I ran the Wisc QSO party with no Mic at all in a phone only entry.

I even made N1MM+ run FELD HELL exactly the same as if you were running a CW contest in every way with ESM and all.

So before I waste a LOT of time.

This contest and how the two softwares are supposed to work together,

can I still use them together even if they can NOT talk to the radio?

Joe WB9SBD

ve3ki

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 07:51 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
[...]

Thanks Rich I missed that somehow.

Now to get it all to work together.

On a second thought has anyone thought of like say on 40 meters after each tuesdays Phone Fray, maybe we get on and try running as if it is that contest so everyone can test it before hand and get all the bugs worked out?

Joe WB9SBD

On 7/14/2019 7:12 PM, ve3ki wrote:
Your question is answered on that same web page - see
<https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/wsjt-x-decode-list-window/#no-rig-control-does-it-work-without-rig-control>.