Topics

#n1mm problem networking via inet and local #n1mm

Miguel EC5W

After read many post about this any end with problem solved. Now for Covid19 restriction we can use on cqwpxssb one flex 6600 working very good on remote (4700km) in last contest. I want try to offer one opportunity to n1mm because the spectrum is good for s&p, also the same n1mm send to flex scope the cluster estations with small audio cuts:-(
About remote qth, all antennas;‘radios amplifiers are all inside on qth but no it’s possible arribe for actual laws, the police and army are on the street:(
Y want to connect remotely to flex radio and another friend also; both with internet, maestro console or smartsdr software from Flex, this solved and tested before on big contest and work Finefine! THE PROBLEM we want change from dxlog to N1MM, the network not it’s possible configure without autodeted, port forwards on routers 12070, defined connections with host name in all computers, firewall down,
Cheeked that port 12070 is available from internet, the socket opens. Windows fw off; same contest; same cat but don’t connects

Only connect on same lan with auto discovery with this working
If you write any host, the same ips discovered again not connect : any problem in options -> Edit list ?

Miguel EC5W

Andy (KU7T)

Miguel,

Can you summarize please what is not working or what exact feature you would like? I am sorry, but having trouble fully understanding...

I have tried out remote operation with the Flex 6600 yesterday as well for the first time. Simple setup, no networking changes on either side, using SmartLink. Worked without a glitch doing SSB in the WPX contest. I even had my function key messages working... Because of the law of physics, there is a noticeable latency when you switch between RX and TX (network, SDR, etc.). However it is definitely usable, one can "make up" for it a little by changing the pace...

The one thing I have not tried, but I believe will not work via SmartLink is using the N1MM+ Spectrum window remote. Using a VPN or a relay of the data stream should give you that functionality too.

73
Andy
KU7T