Topics

N1MM+ for simultaneous contests ??

CW Morse

Does N1MM+ support logging separately for more than one contest at a time?  e.g., today Michigan and Ontario ran at the same time.  I think I opened logs for both but didn't find any easy way to switch back & forth.  I searched the manual for anything that I thought would do it, with no luck.
TIA & 73
Don  K2BIO

Tim Shoppa

Alt-F then 2, will toggle between the two most recent contests.

BUT ONLY IF ALL ENTRY FIELDS ARE BLANK.

The requirement that all entry fields be blank dates from last summer is a MAJOR USABILITY DEGRADATION for weekends with more than one contest.

Tim N3QE

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 9:28 PM CW Morse <RadioPrinceGeorge@...> wrote:
Does N1MM+ support logging separately for more than one contest at a time?  e.g., today Michigan and Ontario ran at the same time.  I think I opened logs for both but didn't find any easy way to switch back & forth.  I searched the manual for anything that I thought would do it, with no luck.
TIA & 73
Don  K2BIO

Les Elliott

Set up for both contests, when you want to change, click
File, then choose from the list at the bottom of the window
that opens.

Les, G4OGB

Alt-F then 2, will toggle between the two most recent contests.

BUT ONLY IF ALL ENTRY FIELDS ARE BLANK.

The requirement that all entry fields be blank dates from last summer is a MAJOR USABILITY DEGRADATION for weekends with more than one contest.

Tim N3QE

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 9:28 PM CW Morse <RadioPrinceGeorge@...> wrote:
Does N1MM+ support logging separately for more than one contest at a time?  e.g., today Michigan and Ontario ran at the same time.  I think I opened logs for both but didn't find any easy way to switch back & forth.  I searched the manual for anything that I thought would do it, with no luck.
TIA & 73
Don  K2BIO

Bill Stravinsky

You can toggle between more than just two recent contests.  It appears you can switch between the last 9 contests loaded.  This past weekend
I had 5 contests loaded and switched between all of them during the weekend. CQMM-YUDX-HolyLand-MIQP and ON QP.

Bill
K3WJV

Jim Douglass <ham@...>

Feature request:
In Entry Window:
just to the left of date-time-group a display of the current log...
This would help dolts like me from getting all messed up switching between contests...
😁
73 ~ Jim AC0E

Pete Smith

Tim, have you put in a formal Feature Request?  I know from 15 years observation that the N1MM team takes FRs seriously, particularly when they come from active contesters (I think you qualify).

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/20/2019 9:40 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:

Alt-F then 2, will toggle between the two most recent contests.

BUT ONLY IF ALL ENTRY FIELDS ARE BLANK.

The requirement that all entry fields be blank dates from last summer is a MAJOR USABILITY DEGRADATION for weekends with more than one contest.

Tim N3QE

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 9:28 PM CW Morse <RadioPrinceGeorge@...> wrote:
Does N1MM+ support logging separately for more than one contest at a time?  e.g., today Michigan and Ontario ran at the same time.  I think I opened logs for both but didn't find any easy way to switch back & forth.  I searched the manual for anything that I thought would do it, with no luck.
TIA & 73
Don  K2BIO

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
BUT ONLY IF ALL ENTRY FIELDS ARE BLANK.

The requirement that all entry fields be blank dates from last summer is a MAJOR USABILITY DEGRADATION for weekends with more than one contest.
Tim,

Isn't that just saying not to switch contests if you have an unfinished QSO in progress, or at least a callsign in the entry window. A wipe quickly fixes that for the odd occasion that I might expect this to occur. Or, is there something else I am missing. I don't do a lot of QSO party contesting.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

John Bednar

Folks,

This change was made to eliminate corruption of the user database. Here is the release note.

Database Corruption: Do not allow the user to change contest logs if a contact was started.

It takes a lot of personal time to track down issues like this.

John, K3CT

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:

BUT ONLY IF ALL ENTRY FIELDS ARE BLANK.

The requirement that all entry fields be blank dates from last summer is a MAJOR USABILITY DEGRADATION for weekends with more than one contest.

Tim,

Isn't that just saying not to switch contests if you have an unfinished QSO in progress, or at least a callsign in the entry window. A wipe quickly fixes that for the odd occasion that I might expect this to occur. Or, is there something else I am missing. I don't do a lot of QSO party contesting.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Les Elliott

The current Contest (and database) is shown on the Log Window header

Les, G4OGB

just to the left of date-time-group a display of the current log...
This would help dolts like me from getting all messed up switching between
contests...
😁
73 ~ Jim AC0E

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

Alt+W, Alt+F, 2, Alt+W

The call is back.

Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Douglass
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:25 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

Feature request:
In Entry Window:
just to the left of date-time-group a display of the current log...
This would help dolts like me from getting all messed up switching between
contests...
😁
73 ~ Jim AC0E

Tim Shoppa

Pete, when this feature that I love - being able to Alt-F 2 to flip between contests with stuff in the entry windows - disappeared last summer, I filed a bug report.

I was told by the developer that the way it used to work and I liked it to work was a bug, and I had obviously really miffed the guy because he told me about all the time he had invested in fixing this particular bug.

I will take your advice, and try writing it as a feature request and try to use super nice words to not miff the guy again. It sure would be nice to have it back again, for WAE-CW weekend which also includes the MD-DC QSO Party. I flip contests hundreds of times that weekend and it sure would be nice to do so with stuff in the entry box again.

Tim N3QE

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 8:45 PM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

[...]

TNX for the answers.  That will certainly take care of my issue.  I tried switching with entries in the window and was reminded to wipe them first.  Keeps me out of trouble.
Thanx to all who maintain this great utility.
Following the Steve Ford contesting philosophy:  Honey-do's & lawn come first, then the contest.  The Big Guns need me for points!
Don   K2BIO