Topics

Multiplier-search/Third computer on M/2 network?

Rick Tavan

Is there a way to have a third computer online when operating M/2, both for multiplier searching and as a hot standby? Trying this, MM insists that the third computer be either Run1 or Run2. There are already Run1 and Run2 computers on the network. What do I tell the third computer?

thanks,

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

There is no multiplier station in M2.  You would need to specify Run1 or Run2 at any given time for that station and make sure it doesn't run the band change limit over 8.  Assuming each QSO is in the middle of a big run for the corresponding Run1/Run2 station, each QSO will create two band changes for that station. Note that you are responsible to electrically prevent two signals by the same Run1/Run2 station from transmitting at the same time.

*2. Two Transmitters (MULTI-TWO):*A maximum of two transmitted signals on two different bands may be used at any time. The log must indicate which station/signal made each QSO. Each station/signal may make a maximum of 8 band changes in any clock hour (00 through 59 minutes). Total output power must not exceed 1500 watts on any band at any time.

Tom - N1MM

On 11/20/2019 1:51 PM, Rick Tavan wrote:
Is there a way to have a third computer online when operating M/2, both for multiplier searching and as a hot standby? Trying this, MM insists that the third computer be either Run1 or Run2. There are already Run1 and Run2 computers on the network. What do I tell the third computer?

thanks,

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Chris Plumblee

The third computer can be either Run1 or Run2. The associated transmitter (if you intend to transmit with it) should be interlocked to prevent two signals from Run1 or Run2 being on the air at once.

If it's just a hot standby it's not critical which you choose as that computer will not be adding QSOs to the log.

You can switch Run1/Run2 for a given computer with a keyboard command that eludes me at the moment.

73,
Chris W4WF

--
Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155

Rick Tavan

Thanks, Tom. No interest in working found mults, just band mapping them. But need to get thru specifying Run1 or Run2 which are the actual transmit positions.

Rick N6XI

--
Rick Tavan

On Nov 20, 2019, at 3:57 PM, Tom Wagner (N1MM) <n1mmtomwagner@...> wrote:

[...]

OK, thanks Chris. No, won’t be working stations from the third listen-only position. Now I understand that I can have two “RunN” computers.

/Rick

--
Rick Tavan

On Nov 20, 2019, at 4:01 PM, Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@...> wrote:

[...]