Topics

Multiple Keyboards?

Rick Tavan

Preparing for PZ5W in CQWW CW, some of the ops cite the ability of Win-Test and Writelog to support two keyboards on one computer running one instance of the logging program. The second keyboard is used by a second op to input calls into the callsign stack as an aid for the running op. I can't find mention of such a feature in the MM documentation. Is it in there and I've just used the wrong keywords in my search? If not, has it been considered?

Thanks,

/Rick N6XI

--

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Steve London

This feature has been there for a number of years to support 2BSIQ. Config->SO2R->Two Keyboards. Restart N1MM+. Type something in the left keyboard. Type something in the right keyboard. All set.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/31/2019 10:19 AM, Rick Tavan wrote:
Preparing for PZ5W in CQWW CW, some of the ops cite the ability of Win-Test and Writelog to support two keyboards on one computer running one instance of the logging program. The second keyboard is used by a second op to input calls into the callsign stack as an aid for the running op. I can't find mention of such a feature in the MM documentation. Is it in there and I've just used the wrong keywords in my search? If not, has it been considered?
Thanks,
/Rick N6XI
--
Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Tom Wagner (N1MM)

If what you are trying to accomplish is two ops copying while running, you do that with a networked computer. If both computers are on the same frequency, each op will see what the other op is typing real time in the call frame. If the master op has junk, but the 2nd op got the call, just wipe and press enter to send the call frame call (esm).

It's fun for both ops.

Tom - N1MM

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019, 12:19 PM Rick Tavan <rtavan@...> wrote:
Preparing for PZ5W in CQWW CW, some of the ops cite the ability of Win-Test and Writelog to support two keyboards on one computer running one instance of the logging program. The second keyboard is used by a second op to input calls into the callsign stack as an aid for the running op. I can't find mention of such a feature in the MM documentation. Is it in there and I've just used the wrong keywords in my search? If not, has it been considered?

Thanks,

/Rick N6XI

--

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Chris Plumblee

I think Rick is talking about what Win-Test calls partner mode, where the second op listens on their own headphones to the run op's pileup and enters calls that appear in the partner window where the run op can grab them.

I've seen it done with separate computers before. I didn't know it could be done on one computer.

Chris W4WF

--
Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155

Rick Tavan

Excellent! Thanks, Steve.

/Rick

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 9:29 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
This feature has been there for a number of years to support 2BSIQ.
Config->SO2R->Two Keyboards. Restart N1MM+. Type something in the left keyboard.
Type something in the right keyboard. All set.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/31/2019 10:19 AM, Rick Tavan wrote:
> Preparing for PZ5W in CQWW CW, some of the ops cite the ability of Win-Test and
> Writelog to support two keyboards on one computer running one instance of the
> logging program. The second keyboard is used by a second op to input calls into
> the callsign stack as an aid for the running op. I can't find mention of such a
> feature in the MM documentation. Is it in there and I've just used the wrong
> keywords in my search? If not, has it been considered?
>
> Thanks,
>
> /Rick N6XI
>
> --
>
> Rick Tavan