Topics

merging logs in same database

Hank K7HP

I have my 2019 contest logs all saved in 2019ham.s3b database - when I try to merge in my 2019  "DX" log -in the same database  , it always tells me these are all dupe so do I really want to copy them. This leads me to wonder if there is a way to merge all files in one database to a single file without doing them one at a time ??

Hank K7HP

Tim Shoppa

Hank, the key is to export them outside N1MM preferably to online logging sites with de-duping and powerful search tools. Keeping your grand consolidated log in N1MM is a bad choice.

1: File -> Export -> Export ADIF to file -> Export ADIF to file by date from ALL contests 

2: put in a date ridiculously early like Jan 1 1900

3: Upload the resulting ADIF to Clublog and LOTW.

4: repeat steps 1-4 above for each database

Now, Clublog and LOTW have your grand consolidated log. whenever you want to research when you’ve worked a guy before, or worked what countries on which bands, go to LOTW and/or Clublog and run the query using their excellent tools.

Tim N3QE

On Jan 21, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Hank Pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer@q.com> wrote:

I have my 2019 contest logs all saved in 2019ham.s3b database - when I try to merge in my 2019  "DX" log -in the same database  , it always tells me these are all dupe so do I really want to copy them. This leads me to wonder if there is a way to merge all files in one database to a single file without doing them one at a time ??

Hank K7HP

ve3ki

The program will not let you store two copies of the identical QSO (same call, date, time, band, mode) in different logs in the same database. If you really want to create a single N1MM+ DX log containing all of your 2019 contacts, including contest contacts, you will have to create a separate database file and then copy all of your contest logs into the DX contest log in that new database. You can do this by exporting to ADIF from the old database, which you can do in a single operation (export to ADIF by date from all contests), and importing that ADIF file into the new DX log. You can also import that same combined ADIF file into another logging program.

Rich VE3KI

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 09:04 PM, Hank Pfizenmayer wrote:

Hank K7HP

DON GAIKINS

Or better yet, get a real general logger, and import your contest logs into it.  That will serve you much better.

Don W0VM

On 1/21/2020 8:31 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
Hank, the key is to export them outside N1MM preferably to online logging sites with de-duping and powerful search tools. Keeping your grand consolidated log in N1MM is a bad choice.

1: File -> Export -> Export ADIF to file -> Export ADIF to file by date from ALL contests 

2: put in a date ridiculously early like Jan 1 1900

3: Upload the resulting ADIF to Clublog and LOTW.

4: repeat steps 1-4 above for each database

Now, Clublog and LOTW have your grand consolidated log. whenever you want to research when you’ve worked a guy before, or worked what countries on which bands, go to LOTW and/or Clublog and run the query using their excellent tools.

Tim N3QE

On Jan 21, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Hank Pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer@q.com> wrote:

Hank K7HP

Peter Krüger

Afterwards export ALL qso´s from the general logger (I use DXkeeper) - set up a new N1MM+ and import everything into one dx contest - I do it regularly and use N1MM+ as ONLY logging program - it works very fine!
I do not need anything anymore for logging - N1MM+ is the best for it imho :)

--
---
N1mm+Toolbox -> see at  https://df1lx.darc.de
---