Topics

Low audio output from F-keys on SSB

Knut Meland

My project is to harmonize audio output from F-keys with audio from my headset mic.
I noticed that audio from F-keys, recorded on the fly, is much lower than the audio directly from mic.
I have set monitor level on my IC-7300 to 100%
Levels on PC:
Main level 100%
Mic and Speaker levels 100%
N1MM Audio Setup and Monitor: Max on Radio1 Record.
I have tested with a local, and there is a big difference. My signal using mic is far louder than the recorded one.

I need help to solve this.
73 de Knut LA9RY

John Bednar

Knut,

The radio monitor level will change the recording level. We can not change this.

If you have the radio monitor level at maximum, the recording MIC level shown on the Logger+ Audio Monitor tab will be near zero.

When recording, the VU meter shown on the Logger+ Audio Monitor tab, should peak above 70%. If the recording level peaks are very low, you will have the problem that you are reporting.

There are many users that own the IC-7300 and are able to record on the fly without issue.

John, K3CT

My project is to harmonize audio output from F-keys with audio from my headset mic.
I noticed that audio from F-keys, recorded on the fly, is much lower than the audio directly from mic.
I have set monitor level on my IC-7300 to 100%
Levels on PC:
Main level 100%
Mic and Speaker levels 100%
N1MM Audio Setup and Monitor: Max on Radio1 Record
I have tested with a local, and there is a big difference. My signal using mic is far louder than the recorded one.

I need help to solve this.
73 de Knut LA9RY

Noel W2MSA

Make sure your CIV settings in the 7300 is set to (USB, Mic).

John Bednar

When our software is configured correctly, the user does not need to change this radio menu option.

John, K3CT

Make sure your CIV settings in the 7300 is set to (USB, Mic).