From: "Guy Molinari" <molinariguy@...>
Sent: 2020-11-25 1:01:41 PM
Subject: [N1MM+] Lockup/slow when switching between logs

Using the latest and greatest version of N1MM 1.0.8744 but this has been vexing me for months now.   When I switch databases/logs the program freezes for about 10 minutes and then finally switches logs.

Is this a known issue I can work around somehow?

Gary K9GS

I just had a huge Windows problem. Knock on wood I've never had issues before.

I was out of town for a while and the shack computer was turned off.

When I got back I turned it on and the computer did several updates.  One of these updates activated One Drive and it completely hosed up N1MM and other applications. I think the problem was the Documents folder placed on One Drive.

I ended up completely formatting the HD and reloading Windows and a lot of apps.  N1MM now working great again.

73,

Gary K9GS

Switching between logs with alt+F and a number takes about 5 seconds. Opening a different database and  then a log a few seconds longer.

There are known issues when using external file hosting platforms, like OneDrive or DropBox. Are you sure your databases are truly "local" or have they been hijacked?

-larry (K8UT)

Using the latest and greatest version of N1MM 1.0.8744 but this has been vexing me for months now.   When I switch databases/logs the program freezes for about 10 minutes and then finally switches logs.

Is this a known issue I can work around somehow?

John Bednar

Guy,

This is not a program issue. That is a long delay.

John, K3CT