Topics

Lockup/slow when switching between logs

Guy Molinari

Using the latest and greatest version of N1MM 1.0.8744 but this has been vexing me for months now.   When I switch databases/logs the program freezes for about 10 minutes and then finally switches logs.

Is this a known issue I can work around somehow?

Larry K8UT

Guy

Switching between logs with alt+F and a number takes about 5 seconds. Opening a different database and  then a log a few seconds longer.

There are known issues when using external file hosting platforms, like OneDrive or DropBox. Are you sure your databases are truly "local" or have they been hijacked?

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2020-11-25 1:01:41 PM
Subject: [N1MM+] Lockup/slow when switching between logs

Using the latest and greatest version of N1MM 1.0.8744 but this has been vexing me for months now.   When I switch databases/logs the program freezes for about 10 minutes and then finally switches logs.

Gary K9GS

I just had a huge Windows problem. Knock on wood I've never had issues before.

I was out of town for a while and the shack computer was turned off.

When I got back I turned it on and the computer did several updates.  One of these updates activated One Drive and it completely hosed up N1MM and other applications. I think the problem was the Documents folder placed on One Drive. 

I ended up completely formatting the HD and reloading Windows and a lot of apps.  N1MM now working great again. 

Gary K9GS

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/25/20 12:26 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Lockup/slow when switching between logs

Guy

Switching between logs with alt+F and a number takes about 5 seconds. Opening a different database and  then a log a few seconds longer.

There are known issues when using external file hosting platforms, like OneDrive or DropBox. Are you sure your databases are truly "local" or have they been hijacked?

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2020-11-25 1:01:41 PM

John Bednar

Guy,

This is not a program issue. That is a long delay.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Guy Molinari
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:02 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

Rich W2EG

I have experienced that same issue, though not nearly to the same extent. I have to try several times before successfully changing logs. I do not try to change databases. I have no remotely located files.

For me it has not been a serious problem -- I have always succeeded in finally getting to the other log.

TU for all your work on this great software.

73, Rich, W2EG