Topics

Larger Data Entry Screen

Bill Eckenrode

Is there a way to increase the size of the data entry screen vertically? I can increase or decease it horizontally.  I've gone through the fonts and sizes as listed in the Config menu, but that does do much for me. On the other screens, I can adjust them both vertically and horizontally. I looked through some of the past messages, but did not find the answer.  I am running version 1.0.7952.0
Bill, Klein, TX

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:22 PM, Bill Eckenrode wrote:
Is there a way to increase the size of the data entry screen vertically? I can increase or decease it horizontally.  I've gone through the fonts and sizes as listed in the Config menu, but that does do much for me. On the other screens, I can adjust them both vertically and horizontally. I looked through some of the past messages, but did not find the answer.  I am running version 1.0.7952.0
Bill, Klein, TX

Bill,

The Entry window size is automatically set based on the font sizes you are using. So, increase the Font size for "Smaller Buttons..." to make them as large as you want. That will definitely make the Entry Window taller. Then, use the Form Font Sizers on the Bandmap, Available, Telnet windows to put them back to smaller fonts if you wish.

As needed, you can tweak some of the other font size settings to get the rest of the fonts to be the size you want. The "Form Font Sizers" are there to allow tweaking the font size in the other individual windows.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Bill Eckenrode

Thanks for your response. I had worked with the sizer and fonts earlier, but I will give it another shot.
Bill, Klein, TX

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 11:45 AM Gerald Boutin (VE1DT) <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:22 PM, Bill Eckenrode wrote:
Bill, Klein, TX

Bill,

The Entry window size is automatically set based on the font sizes you are using. So, increase the Font size for "Smaller Buttons..." to make them as large as you want. That will definitely make the Entry Window taller. Then, use the Form Font Sizers on the Bandmap, Available, Telnet windows to put them back to smaller fonts if you wish.

As needed, you can tweak some of the other font size settings to get the rest of the fonts to be the size you want. The "Form Font Sizers" are there to allow tweaking the font size in the other individual windows.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Larry K8UT

Bill,

What problem are you trying to solve?

-larry K8UT

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2019-09-19 11:20:56
Subject: [N1MM+] Larger Data Entry Screen

Bill, Klein, TX

Tim Shoppa

I can't speak for Bill, but for me: As dot pitch has gotten smaller as resolution of screens has gone up, the entry window now seems uncomfortably small on a modern high-dot-pitch high-resolution screen.

This isn't such a problem for the other N1MM windows, which can be dragged to resize them then hit the "up arrow" in the upper right to make all the fonts bigger.

To a limited extent using bigger fonts in the entry window helps, but the font size choices are very limited for the entry window and there is no "up arrow" to make everything bigger beyond that.

Tim N3QE

Tim N3QE

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 3:50 PM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

Email Service

I added a 32” monitor at AK7O and have no problem seeing info. Also got a pair of computer glasses that make even small print readable!

Photo of station on AK7O page at QRZ.

73 jack AK7O

Sent from XFINITY Connect App

To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Sent: September 19, 2019 at 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Larger Data Entry Screen

I can't speak for Bill, but for me: As dot pitch has gotten smaller as resolution of screens has gone up, the entry window now seems uncomfortably small on a modern high-dot-pitch high-resolution screen.

This isn't such a problem for the other N1MM windows, which can be dragged to resize them then hit the "up arrow" in the upper right to make all the fonts bigger.

To a limited extent using bigger fonts in the entry window helps, but the font size choices are very limited for the entry window and there is no "up arrow" to make everything bigger beyond that.

Tim N3QE

Tim N3QE

Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

Gilbert Baron W0MN

You could set resolution to a lower value or set magnify to say 125 or 150 or whatever in settings.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Shoppa
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 14:59
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io

Tim N3QE

Tim N3QE

Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

--
W0MN Rochester, MN

Bill Eckenrode

Tim, N3QE summed it best for me. I'm using 14 inch monitors and would like the data entry screen to use at least half of the height and allow for better sight for the distance I am from the screen. Just on my wish list.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 1:50 PM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

Larry K8UT

You can adjust the size of several fonts used in the Entry Window to increase its size slightly. As an experiment, open >Config >Manage Skins Colors & Fonts.  Then choose menu item >Skins >Load Existing Skin, "Low Vision." Adjust from there...

But this is the first request we've had for a vertical height adjustment just to take up more screen real estate.

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: 2019-09-19 17:59:00

Tim, N3QE summed it best for me. I'm using 14 inch monitors and would like the data entry screen to use at least half of the height and allow for better sight for the distance I am from the screen. Just on my wish list.

Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

Bill Eckenrode

TU Larry. BTW, I don't want to just take up more screen space. I want to be able to see what is on the screen. I guess  I was mistaken thinking making the data entry area bigger would make the titles and entries larger and easier for me to see. I will try your suggestion regarding the skins and colors.
Bill, Klein, TX

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 8:20 PM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
You can adjust the size of several fonts used in the Entry Window to increase its size slightly. As an experiment, open >Config >Manage Skins Colors & Fonts.  Then choose menu item >Skins >Load Existing Skin, "Low Vision." Adjust from there...

But this is the first request we've had for a vertical height adjustment just to take up more screen real estate.

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: 2019-09-19 17:59:00

Bill,

-larry K8UT

Bill, Klein, TX

VE9AA - Mike

"Somewhat" related.  I asked some time ago but did not see a reply

Is there a way to make the WAE QTC Window larger?

for CW it's not so much of a problem, as all I have to do as a non-EU is hit 1, 2 or 3 to repeat (once in a blue moon,pop the glasses on, read and send by hand) so I don't need to see the finer details of the size 8 font (or whatever it is)
BUT
For WAE SSB, I need to read off the times, stations and #'s.....necessitating me to put on my reading glasses. (I know, personal problem...hi hi) Hey, i am not a teenager anymore.

I would just rather not contest with glasses on if at all possible. I normally don't need them as I've made everything on the screen large enough to see most of the time, except that pesky ol' QTC window.

Thanks !

Mike VE9AA

VE9AA - Mike

Anyone from the dev team?

VE9AA - Mike

Bueller?

Kelvin Olson

I'll step in for Ferris here.

Dunno if it's actually helpful, but when enabled (some accessibility thing, I'm sure), the Windows-key & plus-key combo brings up an OS-wide screen magnifier. Perhaps it'd help to zoom in to the area you're trying to read, even if only temporarily?
--
KDO
n0mql

Joe WB9SBD

Or get a junk small for free second monitor like a old 640 by 480 one, and put stuff that needs to be BIG on that monitor.

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/6/2019 2:10 PM, Kelvin Olson wrote:
I'll step in for Ferris here.

Dunno if it's actually helpful, but when enabled (some accessibility thing, I'm sure), the Windows-key & plus-key combo brings up an OS-wide screen magnifier. Perhaps it'd help to zoom in to the area you're trying to read, even if only temporarily?
--
KDO
n0mql