Topics

Key sequence to swap between contests

Kenneth Bandy

I know I have seen this feature mentioned before, but haven't used it.  I want to be able to swap between the three QSO parties I'll be working this weekend.  Seems like there was a key combination (Alt-something, or Ctrl-something) to facilitate this.  I will make a note on my keyboard this time!

Thanks in advance,

Ken, KJ9B

Tim Shoppa

Swapping between two contests with nothing in the entry window is easy. Alt-F and then 2. That always gets you to the previously active contest and will swap back and forth between two no problem.

Swapping between 3 contests, hit Alt-F then look at the menu and select between hitting the 2 and 3 keys.

Note a bug introduced a few years ago means you cannot switch between contests with anything in the entry window. So if you’ve already typed the guys call and need to switch contests, it now becomes Alt-W Alt-F 2 Alt-W to do wipe, switch, unwipe. A lot more hassle than it used to be.

Tim N3QE

On Jan 24, 2020, at 8:37 AM, Kenneth Bandy <ken.kj9b@...> wrote:

I know I have seen this feature mentioned before, but haven't used it.  I want to be able to swap between the three QSO parties I'll be working this weekend.  Seems like there was a key combination (Alt-something, or Ctrl-something) to facilitate this.  I will make a note on my keyboard this time!

Thanks in advance,

Ken, KJ9B

VE9AA - Mike

Ken,

I'm not in the shack, but IIRC,but from the logging window it's ALT-F-1 2 or 3 (all you are doing is opening the dropdown for the latest contests you've used) F for File, upper left of logging window.....see?
Can be done by mouse as well.

Normally (personally) I use whatever contest I've setup and then when the contest is done, I switch over to the DX module to pick up any new band countries throughout the week, by using this method.

You need to set up each contest independantly, including exchanges and any specific function keys if you so choose (export specific function keys to files)

Someone will wander along and correct me if I am wrong.

GL !
--
Mike VE9AA

Kenneth Bandy

Mike and Tim, Thanks very much for the speedy reply!  That's what I needed.  Also, I just realized these QSO parties (VT, MN, BC) are NEXT weekend!  Oh well, I'll be ready!

Thanks again,

Ken, KJ9B

[...]

_._,_._,_

_._,_

Steve London

On 01/24/2020 06:45 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:

Note a bug introduced a few years ago means you cannot switch between contests with anything in the entry window. So if you’ve already typed the guys call and need to switch contests, it now becomes Alt-W Alt-F 2 Alt-W to do wipe, switch, unwipe. A lot more hassle than it used to be.
Sorry, but this is a feature, not a bug. Users were forgetting to log completed QSO's before switching contests. The feature is to prevent this. If it's a bug at all, it's a user bug for forgetting to log a contact !

73,
Steve, N2IC

John Bednar

Tim,

The change several years ago was to prevent database corruption. This was explained in the release notes. It isn't a bug.

John,K3CT