Topics

Icom voice memories?

Jamie WW3S

Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?

Dany VE2EBK

Michael WA7SKG

Absolutely. As long as your software can control the Icom radio and it has voice memories. I'm not sure which all models have this feature. The command 28 is what you want.

For the IC-7300:
FE FE 94 E0 28 00 (00-08) FD [Voice TX Memory]
(00=Stop, 01=T1 to 08=T8)

Unlike the button box that connects to the microphone jack, from software you can trigger all eight memories.

Unfortunately, you cannot have the memories repeat like you can with the button box. You will have to let your software do the repeating.

HTH,
Michael WA7SKG

Jamie WW3S wrote on 11/20/19 5:36 PM:

Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?

B. Smith

When I tried the suggestions, the program is looking for a DVK file in a N1MM+ directory. It doesn't appear to me that the question has been addressed, although the suggestions may indirectly be of some help. The question is "Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?". In other words, trigger voice memories recorded in the radio.

VE9AA - Mike

I think Danny VE2EBK provided the answer in the link he posted.
(just part of a snip from his link)
  • To play an internal voice (DVK) message, program function key or Bandmap button with the CatMacro below. Pressing the ESC key will stop a voice message. There is no need to program a STOP command.
    • Voice Message1 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 01 FD}
    • Voice Message2 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 02 FD}
    • Voice Message3 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 03 FD}
    • Voice Message4 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 04 FD}
    • Voice Message5 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 05 FD}
    • Voice Message6 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 06 FD}
    • Voice Message7 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 07 FD}
    • Voice Message8 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 08 FD}
    • Stop Voice Message = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 00 FD} (programmed into the ESC key)
  • Note: The CatMacro command can be entered with or without spaces:
    • {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 01 FD} or {CAT1Hex FEFE98E0280001FD}

John Bednar

B.

Depends on the radio. You didn’t include the model in this email.

For instance, the Supported Radios section of the N1MM Logger+ manual for the IC-7610  includes the CatMacro commands to trigger the internal voice memories.

John, K3CT