Topics

Icom voice memories?

Jamie WW3S

Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?

Dany VE2EBK

Michael WA7SKG

Absolutely. As long as your software can control the Icom radio and it has voice memories. I'm not sure which all models have this feature. The command 28 is what you want.

For the IC-7300:
FE FE 94 E0 28 00 (00-08) FD [Voice TX Memory]
(00=Stop, 01=T1 to 08=T8)

Unlike the button box that connects to the microphone jack, from software you can trigger all eight memories.

Unfortunately, you cannot have the memories repeat like you can with the button box. You will have to let your software do the repeating.

HTH,
Michael WA7SKG

Jamie WW3S wrote on 11/20/19 5:36 PM:

Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?

B. Smith

When I tried the suggestions, the program is looking for a DVK file in a N1MM+ directory. It doesn't appear to me that the question has been addressed, although the suggestions may indirectly be of some help. The question is "Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?". In other words, trigger voice memories recorded in the radio.

VE9AA - Mike

I think Danny VE2EBK provided the answer in the link he posted.
(just part of a snip from his link)
  • To play an internal voice (DVK) message, program function key or Bandmap button with the CatMacro below. Pressing the ESC key will stop a voice message. There is no need to program a STOP command.
    • Voice Message1 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 01 FD}
    • Voice Message2 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 02 FD}
    • Voice Message3 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 03 FD}
    • Voice Message4 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 04 FD}
    • Voice Message5 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 05 FD}
    • Voice Message6 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 06 FD}
    • Voice Message7 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 07 FD}
    • Voice Message8 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 08 FD}
    • Stop Voice Message = {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 00 FD} (programmed into the ESC key)
  • Note: The CatMacro command can be entered with or without spaces:
    • {CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 01 FD} or {CAT1Hex FEFE98E0280001FD}

John Bednar

B.

Depends on the radio. You didn’t include the model in this email.

For instance, the Supported Radios section of the N1MM Logger+ manual for the IC-7610  includes the CatMacro commands to trigger the internal voice memories.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of B. Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:22 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Icom voice memories?

When I tried the suggestions, the program is looking for a DVK file in a N1MM+ directory. It doesn't appear to me that the question has been addressed, although the suggestions may indirectly be of some help. The question is "Is there a way for the software to trigger the internal Icom voice memories?". In other words, trigger voice memories recorded in the radio.

Michael WA7SKG

The command must have the address of the radio used. The example provided used address 98 for the IC-7610:
CAT1Hex FE FE 98 E0 28 00 01 FD

The address is the number after FE FE. Some other radios address are:
7300 94
7100 88
7200 76

A list of default CI-V addresses for Icom radios may be found at
http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p31.html
http://www.docksideradio.com/Icom%20Radio%20Hex%20Addresses.htm

Or you can use the default broadcast address of 00 which will command any model that has that particular feature. Using the table provided in the response by VE9AA and others, program the desired macro buttons with the listed commands changing the address as appropriate for your radio.

I actually use the 00 address as I move the laptop between my shack (IC-7300) and my mobile (IC-7100) and I don't have to change macros.

Michael WA7SKG

John Bednar via Groups.Io wrote on 11/21/19 4:38 PM:

B.
Depends on the radio. You didn’t include the model in this email.
For instance, the Supported Radios section of the N1MM Logger+ manual for the IC-7610  includes the CatMacro commands to trigger the internal voice memories.
John, K3CT
*From:*N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] *On Behalf Of *B. Smith via Groups.Io
*Sent:* Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:22 PM
*To:* N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [N1MM+] Icom voice memories?