Topics

IC-7600 N1MM+

Dennis McKinney

After many tries and suggestions I'm trying to get my IC-7600 setup for CW contesting. I use N1MM+ as my contest logger, but keying everything by hand. I have Fldigi working great with N1MM+ for RTTY. I'm using it connected to a Dell laptop (windows 10) via the USB and the Codec is correct all around. (I think)
My understanding is that in the config tab I only need to change the pin 4 to CW.  When I do that and hit any of the F keys, the rig keys, but now signal out, or sound at all.  I hope this is clear enough and I'm just not checking a box somewhere.
Just for info, I use WSJT-X and JtAlert for FT8/FT4 and FlDigi will do RTTY, Psk31, and many other modes I'm sure. FlDigi also will send CW using the macros, as a stand alone program.
Please feel free to contact me direct if need be, although I do like following lots of help issues provided here.
Dennis N0SMX

Message not delivered

Your message couldn't be delivered to N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE
This link will take you to a third-party site
The response from the remote server was:

Larry K8UT

Dennis,

Can you explain:
>I use N1MM+ as my contest logger, but keying everything by hand
Does this mean you do not intend to use the N1MM Function Key messages and macros from the program, and that you will send all of your CW "by hand?"

If Yes, what "by hand" type of device are you using? Straight key? Bug?

If No, what keying method do you plan to use? N1MM supports several - the most popular being a keying circuit connected to a serial port or a Winkeyer connected to a serial port. You can read about both of these methods here:

Do you have another keying circuit from the PC to the 7600 - aside from the USB cable used for CAT and CODEC? You described other software that successfully keys the radio - do it use a serial Push-To-Talk (PTT) circuit somewhere? That same serial port could also key the radio.

-larry K8UT

After many tries and suggestions I'm trying to get my IC-7600 setup for CW contesting. I use N1MM+ as my contest logger, but keying everything by hand. I have Fldigi working great with N1MM+ for RTTY. I'm using it connected to a Dell laptop (windows 10) via the USB and the Codec is correct all around. (I think)
My understanding is that in the config tab I only need to change the pin 4 to CW.  When I do that and hit any of the F keys, the rig keys, but now signal out, or sound at all.  I hope this is clear enough and I'm just not checking a box somewhere.
Just for info, I use WSJT-X and JtAlert for FT8/FT4 and FlDigi will do RTTY, Psk31, and many other modes I'm sure. FlDigi also will send CW using the macros, as a stand alone program.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Please feel free to contact me direct if need be, although I do like following lots of help issues provided here.
Dennis N0SMX

Message not delivered

Your message couldn't be delivered to N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE
This link will take you to a third-party site
The response from the remote server was:

Dennis McKinney

Many Many Thanks to Larry K8UT for his outstanding assistance with my problem. It ended up being the comport setting  assignment for the winkeyer usb. All is working as I had hoped. See you in the contests a little better now. Thanks again Larry

Dennis N0SMX

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019, 12:19 Dennis McKinney <n0smx2@...> wrote:

[...]
Error Icon

Message not delivered

Your message couldn't be delivered to N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE
WarningThis link will take you to a third-party site