Topics

IC-7300 and Spectrum Display

Michael WA7SKG

Thought I'd play with the Spectrum Display thing. I went to the docs and found this:

"Icom IC-7300, IC-7850/51, IC-7610

Must use the USB cable virtual COM port for radio control. Unplug the CI-V cable.
Set Right-Click Radio source to Radio 1 or Radio 2 as appropriate
Must have the radio menu CI-V USB Port set to Unlink from [Remote}
Must have the radio and program baud rate set to 115200 baud.
After the program and the radio is set to 115200 baud, exit the program and restart."

I do not use a separate CI-V cable, so step 1 is okay.
I right-clicked and selected Radio 1 (Icom 7300).
I set the CI-V USB Port to Unlink from [REMOTE]. As soon as I did this, I got a pop-up on the computer that it had lost communication with the radio. I had no control or data from the radio in N1MM.
Both radio and N1MM set to 115200 baud.
I close and restarted N1MM. After a few seconds, I get the pop-up "Lost communication with radio". No control or data from the radio and nothing displays on the spectrum display.

Is there a problem with the documentation, or did I miss something and am doing something wrong?

tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG

Andrew O'Brien

What menu item of the 7300 did you set to 11520 baud rate ?

Andy

On Oct 11, 2019, at 8:54 PM, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

[...]

Menu > Set > Connectors > CI-V > CI-V USB Baud Rate
That's the only place you can set it to 115200.

Michael WA7SKG