Topics

How to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB?

Steve
 

I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

ve3ki
 

If you want to use different configurations for different modes, you can create separate INI files and desktop shortcuts for each mode so that you don't have to keep switching settings back and forth between modes. See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-ini-files>. This won't help in mixed-mode contests, though.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Steve wrote:
I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to
enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend
Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on
CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

Joe WB9SBD
 

Or make a different OP login,

Crtl+O  WB9SBDSSB

Ctrl+O WB9SBDCW

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/12/2019 11:15 AM, ve3ki wrote:
If you want to use different configurations for different modes, you can create separate INI files and desktop shortcuts for each mode so that you don't have to keep switching settings back and forth between modes. See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-ini-files>. This won't help in mixed-mode contests, though.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Steve wrote:
I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to
enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend
Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on
CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

ve3ki
 

The Autosend threshold is not stored separately for different operators.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
Or make a different OP login,

Crtl+O  WB9SBDSSB

Ctrl+O WB9SBDCW

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/12/2019 11:15 AM, ve3ki wrote:
If you want to use different configurations for different modes, you can create separate INI files and desktop shortcuts for each mode so that you don't have to keep switching settings back and forth between modes. See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-ini-files>. This won't help in mixed-mode contests, though.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Steve wrote:
I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to
enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend
Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on
CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

Joe WB9SBD
 

See keep learning something new with this amazing program!

I was thinking about ESM and the !  etc. Not how you can make it so you don't even have to hit enter to start the exchange.  wow!

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 10/12/2019 2:08 PM, ve3ki wrote:
The Autosend threshold is not stored separately for different operators.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
Or make a different OP login,

Crtl+O  WB9SBDSSB

Ctrl+O WB9SBDCW

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/12/2019 11:15 AM, ve3ki wrote:
If you want to use different configurations for different modes, you can create separate INI files and desktop shortcuts for each mode so that you don't have to keep switching settings back and forth between modes. See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-ini-files>. This won't help in mixed-mode contests, though.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Steve wrote:
I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to
enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend
Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on
CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

Steve
 

Thanks guys. Here is why I asked the question. I'm asking with the Pa QSO Party in mind, but I've ran into this with other mixed mode contests.

AutoSend on SSB is a problem because it begins sending the other guy's call sign as soon as I enter the first letter after the number in the call sign -- that is the way it is supposed to work. So N1MMLogger+ proceeds to send my non-existent letter/number .wav files and then the F2 .wav file. Problem is that I need to "manually" insert an exchange number before the F2 .wav file is sent. I don't get a chance to make the manual insert.

So that's why I am asking how to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. Am I missing anything that would resolve this problem?

Steve, K8JQ


On 10/12/2019 3:08 PM, ve3ki wrote:
The Autosend threshold is not stored separately for different operators.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
Or make a different OP login,

Crtl+O  WB9SBDSSB

Ctrl+O WB9SBDCW

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/12/2019 11:15 AM, ve3ki wrote:
If you want to use different configurations for different modes, you can create separate INI files and desktop shortcuts for each mode so that you don't have to keep switching settings back and forth between modes. See <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-ini-files>. This won't help in mixed-mode contests, though.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Steve wrote:
I want to use AutoSend for CW but not for SSB. As it is, I have to
enable or disable AUTOSEND with the "CONFIG => CW / PH AutoSend
Threshold" menu every time I transition from CW to SSB or vice versa.

Is there a configuration setting to tell N1MMLogger+ to use AutoSend on
CW but not SSB? Or some other way to do it?

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

Bob Evans
 

Steve,

Just set the autosend to zero when on SSB and that turns it off.

i.e. Config     CW/SSB Autoend Threshold      then enter 0

Bob K5WA

Steve
 

Hi Bob,

Yes, I understand the menu can be used to configure AutoSend as desired. That process becomes wearisome during a contest that has CW and SSB modes with frequent transitions from one mode to the other. I was hoping N1MMLogger+ had a way to make the AutoSend configuration dependent on mode so I would not have to set it manually :-)

Steve, K8JQ

On 10/13/2019 1:38 PM, Bob Evans wrote:
Steve,

Just set the autosend to zero when on SSB and that turns it off.

i.e. Config     CW/SSB Autoend Threshold      then enter 0

Bob K5WA

Bob Evans
 

OK, if going to the menu is too much effort a few times over the weekend, I'd just set it to zero and forget about AutoSend for this contest.  Rates aren't too high for a state QSO party anyway so AutoSend isn't really helping you very much.  If your rate was over 150-200/hr for 48 hours straight, AutoSend really saves on fatigue, but not really needed in a QP.

Bob K5WA

Joe WB9SBD
 

Of course when changing modes, a few keystrokes doesn't take all that much time.

Ctrl+Shift+M (number) Enter

Joe WB9SBD

On 10/14/2019 12:23 AM, Bob Evans wrote:
OK, if going to the menu is too much effort a few times over the weekend, I'd just set it to zero and forget about AutoSend for this contest.  Rates aren't too high for a state QSO party anyway so AutoSend isn't really helping you very much.  If your rate was over 150-200/hr for 48 hours straight, AutoSend really saves on fatigue, but not really needed in a QP.

Bob K5WA