Topics

how to make a chart

Yoeri M

looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 07:26 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

 Yoeri,

Look into the SH5 software package. It does this kind of thing very well. Perhaps it would do what you want.

https://sites.google.com/site/sh5analyzer/

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Yoeri M

not shure if it works for operator too.
as standard n1mm doesn't put those in the cabrillo file

Op za 14 sep. 2019 om 00:34 schreef Gerald Boutin (VE1DT) <groupsio@...>:

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 07:26 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

 Yoeri,

Look into the SH5 software package. It does this kind of thing very well. Perhaps it would do what you want.

https://sites.google.com/site/sh5analyzer/

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Anthony Luscre

SH5 and/or possibly using Spreadsheet Pivot Tables

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:26 PM Yoeri M <yoeri111@...> wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Ohio Section Section Youth Coordinator & Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com

K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com

Amateur Radio Resources for Students/Youth - www.k8zt.com/hry

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 07:37 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
not shure if it works for operator too.
as standard n1mm doesn't put those in the cabrillo file

Op za 14 sep. 2019 om 00:34 schreef Gerald Boutin (VE1DT) <groupsio@...>:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 07:26 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

 Yoeri,

Look into the SH5 software package. It does this kind of thing very well. Perhaps it would do what you want.

https://sites.google.com/site/sh5analyzer/

--
Gerald, VE1DT

 Yoeri,

The website includes a list of the reports that are available. The website also offers a free trial version for reviewing a log of up to 200 QSOs to see for yourself what it can and cannot do.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Bob - KØRC

Yes this is possible, but it's a BIG custom programming job. I created some of these analysis tools for DXpeditions in the past.

Your key statement is that you want to chart the "performance" of individual operators (when and how long did they operate, what bands, what modes, what dx did they log, etc.). The operating crew would have had to adhere to using the OP On/Off feature within N1MM. The operator information can then be retrieved from the ADIF file (not the Cabrillo file). I used MS Excel to build the custom applications.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 9/13/2019 5:26 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

AB2ZY

ADIF is the closest you can get to a usable export format for the stated purpose. While ADIF is XML like, it isn’t XML and is designed for ham program ó ham program transfers. While it contains all the data you need,  It’s a chore to use for general purpose analysis tools without writing code, as has already been pointed out.

If you’re handy with a good text editor and some macros, you could probably use that to turn ADIF into XML without programming. Making that reusable enough to be general purpose might be a challenge.

There are some SQLite ODBC drivers on the internet. I don’t know if any of them are free. In any event, were you to choose that route you could export directly, but it requires joining 3 tables on the right fields and some of the data needs lookups if you want to use, for example, country names. Plus you will need to figure out the schema on your own and no support is likely to be forthcoming.

I could be convinced to provide XML export functionality where there is currently ADIF export. It’s not very hard, but I’d like to see some significant demand and discussion with the rest of the dev team before I would commit to that.

Al

AB2ZY

Yoeri M

tnx all

so it is possible although it is a bit of searching.
i don't mind searching so guess i'm goin to give it a try

tnx

73
yoeri
ON3NAD

Op za 14 sep. 2019 om 04:21 schreef AB2ZY <akozak@...>:

[...]

Jim Smith

QScope will do some of what you want

73, Jim VE7FO

Yes this is possible, but it's a BIG custom programming job. I created some of these analysis tools for DXpeditions in the past.

Your key statement is that you want to chart the "performance" of individual operators (when and how long did they operate, what bands, what modes, what dx did they log, etc.). The operating crew would have had to adhere to using the OP On/Off feature within N1MM. The operator information can then be retrieved from the ADIF file (not the Cabrillo file). I used MS Excel to build the custom applications.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 9/13/2019 5:26 PM, Yoeri M wrote:
looking for a way (if possible) to make a sort of chart from contest log  ( what was the most remote contact , who of the operators made it, which operator was the most active etc. ) not even shure it is possible  :)

Bob - KØRC

Unfortunately I don't find a method to reset my (forgotten) password. I have an account (so it says) but can't access the tool, other than using the guest-guest option.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:21 PM AB2ZY <akozak@...> wrote:

[...]

Did see that, seems it also limits the number of ops?