Topics

FW: [N1MM+] two "mini"keyboards

Alan Higbie

I hope you are having a good weekend Timon:

I don't use "insert" to send CALL & REPORT - I use ENTER SENDS MESSAGE.

For me that is better - because the ENTER key is larger and presents a bigger target for my fat fingers. 

As you noticed, these keyboards have the "insert" key below F11 - but to use "insert" you will need to press two keys: (blue) Fn (at lower left) + the F11
That is not good.

But, in N1MM+ I believe you could re-map the F11 key to do same as "Insert."

Here is a photo of one of my keyboards - with the labels I have for ARRL Sweepstakes contest.

These KB's work well for me because of the way my station is set up.  Otherwise, I don't have space for 2 full-sized KBs. See photo.  

Also, I have used these small keyboards when traveling - they are much easier to pack.

PRICE: When I ordered these - in Sept 2017 when bought mine - the cost $36 each.  Now the price is $21.  Despite low price - they work really well. 

K6MR was the one who originally posted about these in 2017.

One thing I haven't finished working out: How to incrementally change CW sending speed (UP / DOWN) without using two hands.  I know it should be easy - but I just haven't finished it.

73, Alan K0AV  

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 4:37 AM <pa1t@...> wrote:

Hi Alan,

I saw that the insert key is under F11.

Is that not a problem with N1MM where the insert key does the call and report?

73 Timon

Van: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> Namens Alan Higbie
Verzonden: zondag 15 december 2019 06:17
Aan: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [N1MM+] two "mini"keyboards

I've been using 2 of these keyboards for more than 2 years 

From Amazon: 

Wireless Keyboard Mouse, Jelly Comb 2.4GHz Ultra Thin Compact Portable Small Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo Set for PC, Desktop, Computer, Notebook, Laptop, Windows XP/Vista / 7/8 / 10 (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Keyboard-Jelly-Comb-Portable/dp/B0756XFFJZ/ref=ya_od_pd_dx_mr_1/147-7307659-0383204?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0756XFFJZ&pd_rd_r=4162c8f0-6854-4705-8f2c-05142eca0e37&pd_rd_w=3VIHT&pd_rd_wg=vJhdf&psc=1&refRID=K8657C1NQWA5SH96DZ10

73, Alan K0AV