Topics

FT8 DX Contest

Al - N1API

Is there any file for the FT8 DX Contest for N1MM?

Thanks

Al

Steve Sawyer

If you are referring to the FT8 Contest that starts on 13 April from the information on the web site you would use the RTTY RU file from what I can tell.  WSJT-X only has a set up for RTTY Round Up and Field Day for contesting.

On 4/4/2019 17:45, Al - N1API wrote:

Thanks

Al

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Dany VE2EBK

Hi Al

Mode = Digital

73 de Dany VE2EBK

Al - N1API

RTTY RU does not work.  First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange also N1MM does not talk to to N1MM for RTTY RU.

N6KW Chuck Miller

Here's a good explanation of how to make it work; also you must be using latest versions of both programs.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2019-04-05 08:45, Al - N1API wrote:
RTTY RU does not work.  First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange also N1MM does not talk to to N1MM for RTTY RU.

Victor Androsov

Hi,

We have created the scoreboard for the new FT8 DX contest by using FT8-DX as the contest id:

It accepts FT8 as well as DIGI as the mode. Please use that contest id if you are going to create some Defined Contest for that contest

73!

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 12:17, N6KW Chuck Miller <aluxkw@...> wrote:
Here's a good explanation of how to make it work; also you must be using latest versions of both programs.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2019-04-05 08:45, Al - N1API wrote:

Dave Hachadorian

>First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange

In WSJT-X/File/Settings/Advanced Tab:
Check the box “Special Operating Activity.”  Check “ARRL RTTY Roundup.”  Put your state in the “RTTY RU Exchange” box.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Sent: Friday, April 5, 2019 8:45 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] FT8 DX Contest

Steve Sawyer

What version of WSJT-X are you using? If it is not 2.0 then you will never get N1MM+ and WSJT-X to work together.  Just what FT8 contest are you trying to set up for?  If it is the FT8 DX Contest  (13-14 April) only RTTY RU in WSJT-X is going to work.

On 4/5/2019 15:45, Al - N1API wrote:

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Al - N1API

I'm using the latest versions of everything.  I'll have to see if it works "in the heat of battle".  I usually try some fake QSOs before the contest to see that the software is performing.   I can get N1MM to log but because there is no FT8 compatible QSOs to log I can't see if it is going to automatically work.

What would be nice would be if the FT8 engine is integrated into N1MM directly such as MMTTY, Fldigi and CW Get are.

May be too much to ask for.

Al

Dr. Larry S. Anderson

Vic, this is wonderful of you....however, no matter what I do, I can't make my scores go to the scoreboard.  I have copied/pasted the link into my N1MM+ Score Reporting page, using the identical process I use for other contests.  
I can click on other contests (ex: GA QSO Party; OK/OM DX SSB; etc.) and see those scores.  But, no updates for my FT8 activity.  I did do a manual score input, but of course, that's just a mid-contest report.

Any ideas/advice?

--Larry Anderson NN5O

Victor Androsov

Hi Larry,

But I don't see any postings with NN5O call. Please configure your N1MM+ logger to send scores directly to the COSB (at N1MM+ score reporting tab: https://Contestonlinescore.com/post/ ) so we can start debugging.

Sorry... I just realized that all the scores for FT8 DX contest have contest ID ARRL-RTTY. Fixed. So you can see some life on the board now:

73!

Victor
VA2WA

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 15:35, Dr. Larry S. Anderson <nn5olarry@...> wrote:
Vic, this is wonderful of you....however, no matter what I do, I can't make my scores go to the scoreboard.  I have copied/pasted the link into my N1MM+ Score Reporting page, using the identical process I use for other contests.  
I can click on other contests (ex: GA QSO Party; OK/OM DX SSB; etc.) and see those scores.  But, no updates for my FT8 activity.  I did do a manual score input, but of course, that's just a mid-contest report.

Any ideas/advice?

--Larry Anderson NN5O

Dr. Larry S. Anderson

Yes, indeed!  You're a genius!  You must own a magic wand!  :-)

Larry NN5O

Herbert Schoenbohm

What do I put in the WSJT-X box settings-advance tab-ARRL RTTY....since I am not in a state but an overseas territory?

Herb, KV4FZ

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Dr. Larry S. Anderson <nn5olarry@...> wrote:

Larry NN5O

N6KW Chuck Miller

DX...it should do a serial number.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2019-04-13 13:25, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
What do I put in the WSJT-X box settings-advance tab-ARRL RTTY....since I am not in a state but an overseas territory?

Herb, KV4FZ

Larry NN5O

Herbert Schoenbohm

It does indeed. Thanks Chuck

Herb, KV4FZ

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 5:32 PM N6KW Chuck Miller <aluxkw@...> wrote:
DX...it should do a serial number.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2019-04-13 13:25, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:

Herb, KV4FZ

Larry NN5O

Robert Garrett

Herb,

Put DX in the box. 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Herbert Schoenbohm
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:26 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] FT8 DX Contest

Herb, KV4FZ

Larry NN5O

Ken G0ORH

I could not find anything relating to this contest setup, wot Frequencies for contesting! Etc.
 FT8 with N1MM google drew a blanc here for some reason.
Got it now, via Lee, VE7CC...'tks.

WHEN is the next FT8 contest scheduled guys! 
I'll setup and give some points out on the Flex6500.

Ken.. G0ORH

On 4 Apr 2019, at 21:13, Steve Sawyer <kt0dx@q.com> wrote:

If you are referring to the FT8 Contest that starts on 13 April from the information on the web site you would use the RTTY RU file from what I can tell.  WSJT-X only has a set up for RTTY Round Up and Field Day for contesting.

On 4/4/2019 17:45, Al - N1API wrote:

Thanks

Al

Virus-free. www.avg.com