Topics

FT8 DX Contest

Al - N1API

Is there any file for the FT8 DX Contest for N1MM?

Thanks

Al

Steve Sawyer

If you are referring to the FT8 Contest that starts on 13 April from the information on the web site you would use the RTTY RU file from what I can tell.  WSJT-X only has a set up for RTTY Round Up and Field Day for contesting.

On 4/4/2019 17:45, Al - N1API wrote:
Is there any file for the FT8 DX Contest for N1MM?

Thanks

Al

Dany VE2EBK

Hi Al

Mode = Digital

73 de Dany VE2EBK

Al - N1API

RTTY RU does not work.  First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange also N1MM does not talk to to N1MM for RTTY RU.

N6KW Chuck Miller

Here's a good explanation of how to make it work; also you must be using latest versions of both programs.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2019-04-05 08:45, Al - N1API wrote:
RTTY RU does not work.  First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange also N1MM does not talk to to N1MM for RTTY RU.

Victor Androsov

Hi,

We have created the scoreboard for the new FT8 DX contest by using FT8-DX as the contest id:

It accepts FT8 as well as DIGI as the mode. Please use that contest id if you are going to create some Defined Contest for that contest

73!

On 2019-04-05 08:45, Al - N1API wrote:
RTTY RU does not work.  First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange also N1MM does not talk to to N1MM for RTTY RU.

Dave Hachadorian

>First of all FT8 says a state or # is an invalid exchange

In WSJT-X/File/Settings/Advanced Tab:
Check the box “Special Operating Activity.”  Check “ARRL RTTY Roundup.”  Put your state in the “RTTY RU Exchange” box.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

On 2019-04-13 13:25, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
What do I put in the WSJT-X box settings-advance tab-ARRL RTTY....since I am not in a state but an overseas territory?

Herb, KV4FZ

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Dr. Larry S. Anderson <nn5olarry@...> wrote:
Yes, indeed!  You're a genius!  You must own a magic wand!  :-)

Larry NN5O

Herbert Schoenbohm

It does indeed. Thanks Chuck

Herb, KV4FZ

On 2019-04-13 13:25, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
What do I put in the WSJT-X box settings-advance tab-ARRL RTTY....since I am not in a state but an overseas territory?

Herb, KV4FZ

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Dr. Larry S. Anderson <nn5olarry@...> wrote:
Yes, indeed!  You're a genius!  You must own a magic wand!  :-)

Larry NN5O

Robert Garrett

Herb,

Put DX in the box.