From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Grant Kesselring <kesselg75@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:42:37 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
Subject: [N1MM+] Flex 6600M in SO2R

I have followed the published Setup for SO2R Mode with a Flex-6700 and N1MM+ how-to guide.  Everything is working as it should except the RX audio switch I can't make do what I want.

When working SO2R, I'd like to listen to the S&P radio in both ears during transmission of the CQ on the Run radio, then listen to one in each ear when the CQ finishes.
What I'm getting is the Run audio is muted while the keyboard focus and audio for the S&P radio is in both ears (good).  However, when the CQ finishes on the Run radio, the audio switches back and is muted on the S&P radio.  This is very distracting when doing S&P.  The tilde key will bring stereo audio back (run in one ear, s/p in the other ear).  However, I have to hit the tilde key after each CQ to get the stereo receive back.  Am I missing something?

Thanks, Grant

Grant Kesselring

Hi Andy, thanks for the tip.  I was reading about that and tried to get it to work but couldn't.  Perhaps if you have a moment and could send me a sample function key file, that would jump start my understanding.

Here's what I tried...
###################
#   RUN Messages
###################
F1 CQ,{STEREOOFF}{OPERATOR}\SS\cq_short.wav{END}{STEREOON}
F2 Exch,{OPERATOR}\SS\u_k1kd_86_mn.wav
F3 TNX,{OPERATOR}\SS\tnx_qrz.wav
F4 {MYCALL},{OPERATOR}\SS\k1kd.WAV
# Replace "-" with "!" if you are using voicing of callsigns
F5 His Call,-
F6 Spare,-
F7 QRZ?,{OPERATOR}\QRZ.wav
F8 Agn?,{OPERATOR}\AllAgain.wav
F9 Zone?,{OPERATOR}\Zone query.wav
F10 Spare,{OPERATOR}\SS\test.WAV
F11 CQlong,{CQ}{STEREOOFF}{OPERATOR}\SS\cq.WAV{END}{STEREOON}
F12 Wipe, {WIPE}
#

73,
Grant

Tim K9WX

Andy: I would also be interested in seeing a sample function key file that successfully uses the stereo macros.  Here's what I have tried without success, which I believe is very similar to that tried by Grant.

F1 CQ,{STEREOOFF}CQ CWT K9WX K9WX{END}{STEREOON}

Tim K9WX

John Bednar

Tim,

If you haven’t, program one key to {STEREOOFF} and another to {STEREOON}. Check to see if the command works on the Flex.

John, K3CT